1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by tob, Jul 26, 2010.

1. tob

tob Member

Back in October of last year I added a way to get more air to the filter in my mini truck. I was pleased with the results but after driving it I noticed (at least I think ha ha ) it sounded like too much pressure from the tail pipe exhaust. I had already replaced the muffler and tailpipe previously (because of noise from the muffler) so I decided to replace the tail pipe from the exhaust tip of the muffler back. Now in most mini trucks here the tail pipe from the muffler tip is reduced to 1". I removed the tail pipe from the muffler tip(which is 1 and 1/4) and replaced the tail pipe with 1 and 1/4". There is a remarkable difference in the sound of the truck and in the performance. I am happy with the results and this could give you some more power without spending a fortune.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Good advice..thanks...any photos?

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I recently did the exact same thing with the tail pipe. 1 1/4" from the muffler to rear of bed. Haven't got to run it yet. Still got other things to do. Radiator, steering bushing, cv boot, cv joint, ac and on and on. This one is gonna be a money pit. BUT it will be nice when its finished.

4. tob

tob Member

I started to take pics but wasn't sure anyone would be interested. I will take some tomorrow.
    thanks for the reply. :D

5. tob

tob Member

Check out a post I made several months ago about removing the honey comb looking filter in the catalytic converter and replacing the muffler and tailpipe. After the work you apparently are doing it would be helpful for your truck also.
    Hope this helps. :sly:

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

when i fixed my exhaust they took out the resonator but i didnt notice any improvement.

7. tob

tob Member

Not only did I take out the catalytic converter I replaced the muffler and several months later I replaced the tailpipe with one larger, I also added an extra air vent to my air filter canister to improve airflow.
    It worked for me.For you maybe not so....:confused::confused: