1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPA to effeectively halt importation of mini-truck

Discussion in 'EPA Regulations' started by Krakatoa, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All,

I had a long discussion today with attorney Harvey Fox. Mr. Fox spent 30 years with U.S. Customs of which the last 9 years was in their legal department. Mr. Fox has worked many issues for Customs, is very familiar with the EPA and Capitol Hill. I believe Mr. Fox is well suited to represent us and help guide our industry in the right direction.

Like any movement, structure is paramount! While many of us have been minding our own business, our success will come down to one single accomplishment, our ability to organize. I feel, as I'm sure many of you do, that it is time to come together. The KTA effort is to bring all members together in a single organization with structure, determination and a clear plan!

Mr. Fox and I had about a 1 hour discussion concerning customs issues, EPA compliancy and Capitol Hill. We also discussed an initial roadmap for moving our association forward, one which would have legal representation, centralization of information flow and a loud voice on Capitol Hill.

I am also aware that many of you have been seeking legal representation for related matters as well as emailing Mr. Fox and others for guidance. It is very encouraging to know that such effort is taking place. The task at hand now, is to bring it all together!

Based on my discussion with Mr. Fox, I want to share several key objectives we must achieve to bring this all together.

1. ORGANIZATION
    To build an effective organization we must bring all members and disparate efforts into one unified movement. We have begun steps to achieve this objective by starting the Kei Truck Association or KTA. KTA has tasked itself with the responsibility of bringing all members together in order to form unified front. I cannot think of a time in which the internet was a better communications tool than today!

This technology will play a key role in helping to organize a large geographically dispersed organization. So please join today by emailing your contact information to the KTA.

Furthermore, members are entitled to hold key positions in the association and will have certain responsibilities. Trips to Capitol Hill will be only one of them. More on this will follow as things come together.

2. LEGAL FORMATION & FUNDING
    When the time is right, KTA will move to form a legal entity in the great state of Texas. This means that we will legally form the association under Texas state law. This will only be possible if we have your participation as a member. Once our membership has grown large enough, we will form the entity and open a KTA bank account. Once the association is legal, members will be required to pay membership dues.

The collection of dues will reside in the KTA account and paid members are entitled to financial reports regarding the use of those funds. Member rights will be sent out to all paid members as you have the right to know how your dollars are being spent and what efforts are being made on your behalf.

3. LEGAL REPRESENTATION & GUIDANCE
    Attorney's cost money! Mr. Fox has informed me that he is ready, able and willing to represent our organization. However, this will not be done free of charge. Before Mr. Fox's firm can approve this challenge, a $20,000 retainer fee is required. These fees will be the first financial objective of the KTA.

Mr. Fox has already discussed going to Capitol Hill to meet with Federal Level Congressmen and Senators. He knows the terrain and how to navigate it and will assist our organization on Capitol Hill.

Again, our first and foremost objective now is to come together as an association.

4. OBJECTIVES FOR ORGANIZATION
    I have discussed some early objectives with Mr. Fox which we must strive to achieve together. Below are several key objectives we must meet in order to further evolve our industry. These first simple steps are of paramount importance to our industry coming together.

A)Get organized
    Bring all members together to form one powerful voice! Our vehicle to achieve this will be the KTA! You will hear me state over and over again to Join Now! This is no time for complacency!

B) Centralize communications
    Not only is Mr. Fox receiving separate emails, but many of you are also pushing in other directions. Communication plays a major role in our organization structure. Although we are in the early stages of formation, we must now begin to focus all independent efforts through one conduit. We are asking all registered members to communicate with KTA on this issue. The KTA will funnel all concerns to the appropriate channels as well as replies. Our Communication Center will assure that all members are receiving vital information together.

C) Member contacts
    Mr. Fox brought up a very valuable point in our discussion. He has asked me to communicate to the members, the need for any contacts you may have with Senators or Congressmen. He is looking for relationships which you may have through contributions, personal relationships through blood or school etc..

He would like us to put a list of contacts together for him. Secondly, he asks that you speak with your contacts and ask them to contact him regarding our endeavor.

D) Structure
    If we are successful in forming our organization, we will be going to Capitol Hill. He can arrange for a room big enough for hundreds or thousands of members. Or, our board members in fewer numbers. Our future visits to Capitol Hill will put us in direct contact with the officials who can help influence the direction of our industry and to combat the decisions which seek to destroy it. We will be heard!

In closing....

I want to take a moment to speak to all of you on a more personal level.

We live in a time of globalization and our business is International Trade. We are American Entrepreneurs and are chasing the American dream. I don't always agree with high level decisions of our governmental agencies, but as an American, I have the right to stand up for what I believe in and I always do. I have served my country in its time of need and fully intend to exercise my American right to have my voice heard! And so should you!

The EPA is a large organization with funding, representation and organization. Individually, we stand alone without hope, without control and wait to be told if our opportunity will come or go!

It doesn't have to be this way! We can band together and work together to assure our voices are heard loud and clear. Right next to the EPA and other market competitors who are already being heard.

We have two simple choices folks. We can let someone else push us off the map or, we can push back and let the highest authorities know that the American small businessman is alive and well. And, ready to fight!

Please, join us now and let's form a professional organization whose voice will be heard at the Capitol. Whose faces of American Entrepreneurs will be seen in person. And let's let them know that we do have it in us to organize and fight for what we believe in!

Our future depends on it!

jtpc likes this.
  2. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

That is EXACTLY a major problem with all of this right now...WAY too much conflicting information across the board. Seems that 300 people here have all "personally talked" to the EPA, yet everyone is getting a little different answer...then spreading this information across 4 seperate posts. I'm sure some of you have...I'm sure others are just blowing smoke. :frustration:

Makes this all very difficult to speculate on until the final doomsday ruling is revealed. We need to get organized immediately so we are prepared!

Please join the KTA

3. boosted mitsu

boosted mitsu Member

4. jtpc

jtpc Member

Thanks for the update.

5. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

EXCELLENT information Boosted... Thank you! Finally something sounds to make sense!

6. canadian1

canadian1 Member

turned down

guys; it says in the first paragraph that they were turned down because of improper restrictor plates. epa says restrictor plates must be welded to the frame. automatics and vans have always been illegal to import.

7. Cape Ape

Cape Ape Member

Clarification

Just to clarify. We still have not gotten anything beyond the original document correct? Everybody has their own morsel from Mr. Stout, but we have nothing in writing yet, right?

8. boosted mitsu

boosted mitsu Member

When I spoke with Alan Stout he had told me the documets for the new regulations on the mini's will be out in a few days.

9. Nothing official as of yet. 10/30/2008 @ 1:47p.m. Central

10. boosted mitsu

boosted mitsu Member

i received an email today from EPA. it goes as follows:

We have (finally) made a decision that allows us to put the wraps on the document. The main conclusion is that we can extend the deadline to ease the pressure on the Dec. 2008 requirement. We still need to put the finishing touches on the document, but the good news is that the delay comes with a more workable outcome. Stay tuned....

Alan

11. dmerc

dmerc Member

Hey Guys, the auction ended with NO bids! Starting bid was $4500, again, it was an 06, with 27 miles, yes, 27!!

I think everyone should avoid Tiger Trucks like a plague!!

12. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Should be no surprise... the Tiger trucks are speed-governed by the on-board ECU. Im not sure it would be fair to speculate on build-quality unless anyone has first-hand experience.

13. gregw98

gregw98 Member

That's encouraging.

14. I think we should all take this opportunity to go ahead and join the KTA forming here right now. Now is our time to get our side of the issues including road use to the proper people. KTA need everyone from exporters to importers, owners and even those interested in the KEI class vehicles. I am joining now.
    CONTACT JEFF AT MINI TRUCK EXPORTER FOR INFO AND TO JOIN

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  15. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

16. Thanks Kevin

Hope everyone takes time to read the new forum and post your ideas and concerns. Hope everyone sees their way clear to join the KTA for the sake of our "lil Buddies":)

17. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Note.. If people are going to continually post the same BS over and over, I will delete the posts. This is boring and you add nothing to help matters.

If you have nothing to say but , "they aren't legal" , "you can't drive them on the roads" ...etc over and over..

Please don't post. We're all here to help each other not to run people away, like some are doing.

Thanks!

Your lovable Admin. :D

PS this thread is closed~!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.