1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English Parts Manual PDF 98-00 660cc Daihatsu Move (care of Miles ZX40)

Discussion in 'References' started by rmay635703, May 30, 2009.

1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Member

I uploaded the parts manual at sendspace
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mmu1s7

I also have a rebuild process here (I think)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/8t1pst

Anyway this parts manual has most of the part numbers and diagrams for an 98-00??? daihatsu move including transmission components, running gear, body sections and more. It was intended for an 05-08 Miles ZX40 which shares most of the parts save the motor & radiator with the 660cc Front Wheel Drive Daihatsu's

Many of the parts like brakes/wheelends are no doubt shared with other diahatsu vehicles possibly including some of the mini trucks.

I am hopefull someone might be able to use this list to determine an appropriate used 4 speed manual transmission I might purchase. (this list has part numbers for the casings and gears)

It is possible I could also use the list to buy just gears like the 3rd gear assembly to move up the ratio a bit although I still would be stuck in one gear with no ability to move up or down.

Cheers
    Ryan May

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

nice
    do you have any of the motor?

3. rmay635703

rmay635703 Member

Nope it includes everything EXCEPT the motor & radiator as it is for an electrically powered Move called a Miles ZX40, funny part is they don't mention any of the electric motor components either only items common between the 2 variations, also the air conditioner parts and the fuel tank oddly are still in there.

Here it is hopefully
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mmu1s7

Thanx
    Ryan

4. msu

msu Guest

On your posting of the rebuild process, it states that the trans-axle's 1st gear ratio is 3.09 to 1. Is that really what it is? Seems really low to me.

5. rmay635703

rmay635703 Member

If I had a 1st gear I could tell yah.

Anyway at 40mph I am running 6000rpms in 2nd gear.

I would estimate the gear ratio can be many different values depending on if its a car, van, truck etc and obviously my van comes with the antique 4sp transmission which likely has different gearing than the more modern 5sp & 6sp tranmissions.

As a point of reference my subaru 360's reverse gear is north of 6x to 1

I really would like to regear my transmission but I cannot seem to locate a reasonable method of getting them in the USA.

6. astronut

astronut New Member

hije alignment specs

what are the alignment specs for a 1990 hijet pickup? it is 4x4.

7. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

wheel alignment
    Toe-in (+) / Toe-out (–) mm [º] +5.0±4.0

8. astronut

astronut New Member

drive train fluids for daihatsu

can anyone tell me what fluids to use in my daihatsu hijet 4x4, with 4 spd?
    also is there a camber setting for it?