1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engines new and used

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by TRAX and HORNS, Jan 27, 2016.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

F Y I
    Recently I had a customer that wanted a new/rebuilt engine. After calling around a bit here in the USA I contacted Yokohama Motors in Japan and was quoted several hundred dollars less even with shipping.
    Food for thought. When contacting Y M you have to have all the info. Off of plate.
    Cheers

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Just thinking for sometime in the future. Do they have both New and Rebuilt engines available?

Fred

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

yes something I could use for my Kazuma side x side. piece of junk built in China engine.

4. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

My engine I have now in my truck came from them. I had requested it and I remember them contacting me back about an hour After that, got the engine about a month later and just had to swap stuff from the old one to the new. They are really good if you are ok with overseas buying.

You could choose between short and long block. Long includes the majority, and I had ended up doing that.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Yes
    Used engines 1850.00
    New rebuilt long block Engines 2300.00
    That includes Fed ex shipping to Austin,tx.
    Other shipping cost might be different on location in the USA.

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Thanks. May even be less with shipping only to the Philippines. Just info for me to keep for possible future use.

Fred