1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine trouble!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by rst277, Mar 10, 2013.

1. rst277

rst277 Member

I think I could be in trouble here. I had a problem with my crank pulley in the fall where it came loose and sheared the ear off the key that holds it in place. I flipped the key around so the remaining ear held the pulley and all was good. Well the pulley was loose yesterday and I got the truck in the shop and pulled it off. The bolt had come loose and pulley was able to move and shear off the other ear! I made a new key with both ears, installed it and re-assembled. I did mark the timing belt on the pulleys and was particularly careful but when I went to start it, it sounded wrong. Pulled everything off this morning and I think I may have done some damage to the top end. I have the engine at TDC, the crank gear is lined up but the top gear with the "f" mark is 180 degrees out! I could see one tooth out but 180 degrees??? I tried to turn the top gear and it won't move. I pulled a plug thinking compression was holding it back but no improvement. Have I bent a valve or a bunch?? Any advice appreciated.
    Ralph in Winnipeg.