1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Swap

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by MattGiroday, Jan 9, 2015.

1. MattGiroday

MattGiroday New Member

Hey there,

I have a 1989 Honda Acty Street, HH1. I am looking to get some more power outta this van, as I am hoping to take it for a little road trip this summer, and it has to be able to go more than 110kms (lol). Has anybody swapped out their acty engines for something else? If so whats best/easiest, and how did you like it?
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Matt

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

110 kmh is enough for that chassis and suspension. My 1997 Honda Acty HA3 truck V-HA3 with the E07A engine and automatic trans makes a top speed of abt 120 kmh on a flat highway with some favourable tailwind help. The version with manual gear is a bit faster.
    I just returned from a 600 km round trip from Yokohama to the Japanese Alps, most of it was Highway and most of the time I could manage to drive between 80 -110 kmh on the speedo, the GPS navi then shows abt 10% less.
    And I can tell you that you will not have any worries about the speed, the problem for such long trips are the uncomfortable hard seats and the little space you have in the cabin. After 100 km drive you will be happy to stop at the next highway rest area and have a coffee and stretch your legs a bit.
    If you really want to have more power, think about a turbo. There was the E07Z (turbo version) engine PGM-FI SOHC 12 valve turbo, Displacement: 656cc,Bore × Stroke (mm): 66.0 × 64.0 Horsepower: 47 kW (64PS) / 6,000 rpm, Torque: 93N m (9.5 kg m) / 3,700 rpm in: (HM1 Vamos),Honda Vamos / Vamos Hobio (HM1 / 2), Honda Life Dunk (JB3 / 4), Honda Z (PA1), Honda That's (JD1/2)

3. MattGiroday

MattGiroday New Member

Awesome! thanks for the advice!