1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine smells gas

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by axle, Oct 13, 2011.

1. axle

axle Member

guys, after driving the truck for few kilometers it smell gasoline when i switch it off, the smell is coming from under the bed near the air filter, it consume 5 kilo a liter, where is the smell coming from.
    tia

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

pull your dipstick and check the oil...I'm betting it's overfull...sounds like you have a float valve problem and raw fuel is leaking past the float bowl valve into the engine..if the oil is contaminated with fuel don't run the engine until the fuel leakage is fixed or the bearings will seize/wear out very quickly....5km per litre is using a lot of fuel

3. axle

axle Member

where is float valve located/ thanks

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

inside the carburetor...its the rubber stopper inside the float bowl that regulates the level of fuel in the carburetor....if it is leaking it will allow fuel to constantly flow into the carb and overflow into the engine when the truck isn't running

5. axle

axle Member

okay fupa thanks for the inputs i will see what i can do.

6. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Axle
    Is any fuel dripping on the ground? May just be a fuel line or return line leaking.
    Did you check the oil like fupabox said?

7. axle

axle Member

hi ran, there is no fuel drop on the ground, i did check the deep stick it smells oil
    ill will see the fuel line too. will keep you posted.:frustration: