1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine parts help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by v.i-guy, Feb 6, 2018.

1. v.i-guy

v.i-guy New Member

hey everyone I replaced the head gasket on my 1992 Suzuki carry a month ago its been running fine but yesterday I noticed it started to miss at idle a bit . so I had a look at it pulled the spark plug wires one by one . # 1 is the bad one I pulled the plug wire and on # 1 at idle and it makes no difference weather it is on the plug or off .so I tried a different plug and spark plug wire no difference . so I am thinking its a burnt exhaust valve . so my problem is does anyone know where I can get a valve on Vancouver island I don't care if its new or old . I just don't want to pull this apart and find out I cant just get away with grinding the valve . I guess I should have reground the valves on it when I had it apart , I should have know better . Thanks

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. the pou

the pou Member

A simple compression test is the best thing to do before remooving the head it will confirm your diagnostic.

3. v.i-guy

v.i-guy New Member

thanks for the reply my compression tester is broken I have to get a new one. but I put a piece of paper up to the exhaust and it is trying to suck it back into the pipe on every #1 fire cycle . I am going to get a new tester this week .its not really missing that bad at all I drove it today I can just feel a slight miss when idling . but don't want to take it apart till I have a spare valve its the only wheels I have right now.