1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine code location? KV4 w/ supercharger

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Reese Allen, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Reese Allen

Reese Allen Member

The James Danko manual says it's here. But it's definitely not. I found the transmission code in about 5 seconds and the VIN is also on the side of the frame rail as indicated. There is no engine code anywhere to be found on this damn thing, though.

Attached Files:

2. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

EN07C is carb engine EN07Y is supercharged EFI, unless they have a specific number after the stamped engine code

dan360 likes this.
  3. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

The engine code is stamped there, but that area does tend to rust over, making it difficult to read. The piston size codes are also stamped there.

4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

So, I went and looked on my EN07Y, and it appears that the intake manifold covers over that stamping on the block. It is most definitely there, but you won't be able to see it, at least on a Supercharged engine, without removing the intake manifold. I did need to check that stamping during my rebuild for the piston sizes, so I can say with absolute certainty that it is there.

Reese Allen likes this.