1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine and tranny oil the same?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by unclejemima, Sep 6, 2007.

1. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

My automatic assumiption, because of motor displacement, is to treat these mini truck motor like a atv/motorcycle, and i think this is incorrect.
    Do most of these mini-trucks share oil between gearbox/motor like a atv or motorcycle, or is the tranny oil separate of the engine oil?
    Just checking, as i am doing my first oil change, i remember i used to run regular 10-30 automotive oil in my motorcycle, and i found this can do damage to the clutch as the added lubricants are not designed for wet clutches and can cause clutch slip.
    I'm running regular 10-30 automotive oil (castrol) in my 91 Acty right now, am i right in doing this? Do these truck have a wet clutch that shares oil with the motor?
    Thanks!
    -mark

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

They are seperate. In most, the transmission and transfer case are the ones that share lubricant.

3. Cape Ape

Cape Ape Member

lubricants

These are defenitely not ATV engines. They are built as an industrial engine which is one more reason they are better than said ATVs. In the ACTY you should go to a Honda automotive dealer and get the same lube they run in front wheel drive car trannys. Check the reference section of the forum for more info.

4. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Thank you for the reply.
    How often should i change the tranny oil?
    -mark