1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EN07 Ignition Coil - Other compatible units

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Randal Sue Bee, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Randal Sue Bee

Randal Sue Bee New Member

I guess the OEM coils are nowhere. What other coils will work? Does anyone happen to know the primary and secondary resistance specs?

2. Wonko

Wonko Member

3. Vitarroz

Vitarroz New Member

I'm beginning to suspect my coil may be causing my issues. I'll just get it from Amayama if need be, but how would I even make sure? I've got spark *for the most part.* Just seem to be missing now and then. How would you go about checking your coil? Pull it and check for some ohm value?

Edit: Also look at this lmao. Looks like a great deal if it's legit- I guess a coil would be easy to make bootleg. Worth trying? https://www.ebay.com/itm/154224120273?hash=item23e87951d1:g:mnEAAOSwlQNfx7dP

4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

There are about a half dozen different and incompatible coils for the various Sambar models. If your coil looks like the one in that ebay listing (same connector, and no extra resistors or capacitors hanging off of it) then you should be fine using it.

It isnt a "bootleg" per-se, just a compatible part since that particular version is very simple.

5. Vitarroz

Vitarroz New Member

Excellent news.
    My coil looks identical, but its part number is KA261 instead of KA380. If my coil turns out to be bad I'll give it a try nonetheless.
    Increasingly frustrated with the Danko manual; it doesn't list any specs for the coil. Do you know offhand what I should be looking for on the multimeter? Other than 0Ω=short

6. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

7. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Out of curiosity, what was the part number of the original coil? It would say on the side. It is likely either 22433KA261/22433KA380 or 22433KA480. I want to add this note to my parts spreadsheet, but I wanted to make sure which one it applies to first.

8. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

Its 22433KA261 but it is Diamond brand, so definitely not OEM. Also says F-609 under Diamond, so that is likely a brand part number.

9. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Diamond is indeed the OEM manufacturer of the coils in this generation of Sambar. Thanks! I have added it to my crossreference sheet.

10. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Diamond makes coils for a lot of JDM brands. These are solid state coils so rarely go bad, but if they do it will manifest when they get hot. So if it seems ok on first start but gets worse as it heats up, could be a coil issue. Good info on the rockauto find. That will work with a lot of our trucks/vans as well.

11. udidwht

udidwht Member

Will the Rockauto one replace the 22433KA171?

12. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

No, the early 1990 Supercharged model had a unique coil that was specific to that "year", even the later mid-1991+ coils will not work.

13. udidwht

udidwht Member

Any known alternatives that can be used?

14. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

You can replace it with the updated version of the part which is 22433KA291, but those are also discontinued. It does give you slightly more "options" when searching for a good used part though.

What is wrong with your coil? You had not mentioned any sort of issue in your other many posts.

15. udidwht

udidwht Member

Nothing wrong with it currently but just trying to catch up with..."What if scenarios were to occur"

Anyone know what the specs are on the coils such as resistance? Given the coil is sending to a points replacement module (like a Pertronix) I'd imagine a coil with the correct input resistance and such would/should work.

Last edited: May 9, 2023