1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical 4x4 module/relay location

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Dam Jap Van, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Dam Jap Van

Dam Jap Van New Member

I have a 1999 Daihatsu hi jet. To make a long story short we can bypass everything and get the four-wheel-drive to engage but to push the little button It doesnt do anything. I been told that between the switch in the dash and the vacuum switch that is under the front hood there has to be a electrical module relay/contactor of some sort does anybody know where this is at please help me!!!I've been trying to get this thing working for a year. She only has 42,000 km on her everything is in great shape but the four-wheel-drive doesn't work. up in the Dash ,under the seat ( someplace only little Japanese hands can get to ) there has to be something else help please!!!!!

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

The hijets use vacuum switching valves. On my s110 there is 2 under the drivers seat for the front diff and also 2 under the box for the transfer case

3. Dam Jap Van

Dam Jap Van New Member

Right but where does the wire for the little switch in the dash run to? It can't possibly handle any kind of voltage it would fry. I used to hear a click In The passenger floor board when I would push the button. But where I trace it it runs to the door is open beeper relay ¿From my understanding of the whole lay out there as got to be a relay or module that is activated to power the electrical current that runs to the vac switches . I'm not getting power between the dash button and the Vacum switches. The vacuum Switches work and it holds vacuum I can run jumper wires and activate it and deactivate the 4x4 but the dash button won't turn it on. The switch isn't burnt up and I dont want to run 2 switches to turn on And another to leak the vacuum

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

you are hearing the solenoids in the vacuum switching valves. the wiring diagram has power going threw the switch to the vsv then to ground. for the s100