1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EF SOCH Gates belt compatibility or numbers?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by OKei, Oct 18, 2022.

1. OKei

OKei New Member

SOLVED using GATES of Hell products as they endure engine heat better XD

title should read SOHC EF engines (if possible moderator pls correct my error)

Japanese V belts are old (sitting too long in storage, stretchy and always fail compared to the newer toothed kevlar reinforced units - Does anyone have Gates compatible models matched from the original old rubber OEM dinosaurs?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  2. shogun

shogun Active Member

what is written on the outside of the original Japanese V belts on your car? Check that first, easier to find replacements.
    Gates Australia has a catalogue + that also lists some for Hijet, starts from Page 44 https://www.gatesaustralia.com.au/~...omponents-catalogue-aus--nz-november-2009.pdf

Please add a signature with your car details, easier to help you, see my one as example. On top right click your user name, new window will open,>>>signature

3. OKei

OKei New Member

Will do thanks for that Shogun
    I have 2 x S100V and a S100P all with A/C
    seems this ones will fit
    HiJet 1990-07S82*660cc 3 Cyl. 6v SOHC Carb.EF
    Alt. & Fan - 11A0785
    AC - 11A0750
    but bloody expensive from that link, helps with part numbers
    will help me find them cheaper somewhere else other than EBAY

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  4. shogun

shogun Active Member

as you are from Japan, use the original Japanese belt numbers and search at monotaro Japan https://www.monotaro.com/ much cheaper than the dealer

5. OKei

OKei New Member

Im in the Japan corporation (Look under the SEC for JAPAN and have giggle)
    The original units are soft, old that go wobbly and keep stretching with minimal input
    Gates units have Kevlar for extra strength to stop stretching, toothed and never had issues with them
    Everyon has issues with the old stock v belts