1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECVT diagrams

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Subaru, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Subaru

Subaru Member

For whoever cares,here are some ECVT pics I had my exporter e-mail me in case I needed to do any work on my SC with the ECVT.Not the best pics,but better than nothing.

Attached Files:

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Last pic:)

Attached Files:

3. Stormin

Stormin Member

Thanks for the pics. I have the english translation of the factory service manual by Danko. And it does not have any info about the ecvt trans. Which is one of the main reasons I bought the manual. I have e-mailed them regarding this but have not had any reply yet!!:frustration: My understanding is that this trans. is belt driven, is this correct? From the pictures you have it looks like there is a belt in photo #3. But it also looks like there are lots of gears in the trans. as well. I have a dipstick in the front of the trans. that I cannot remove for anything! I do not want to break it but after reading some of the other posts on this site it sounds like I need to check the trans. oil level and see if it needs to be changed. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

4. sambar606

sambar606 New Member

I just ordered the Danko translated manual as well for this reason. Disappointing to hear that there is no information on the ECVT in there, as that was also my main reason for ordering the manual. :confused:

5. Stormin

Stormin Member

There is other good info. in the manual so it is not a total loss. Can you get the dipstick out of the trans.? I am going to do some more work on my truck tommorrow but it would be good to know if yours comes out easily.

6. sambar606

sambar606 New Member

Cool, that's good to hear!

The transmission dip stick on my Sambar van comes out pretty easily. It is definitely tighter than my oil dip stick though.

7. Stormin

Stormin Member

I finally got around to pulling out the dipstick for the trans. And I could not get it out, all I did was break the pull ring:mad:. Does anyone know where I could order a new dipstick? I will have to break mine further to get it out and I would like to have a new one to put in first. Also has anyone found any type of english manual for the ECVT trans.?

8. todd

todd New Member

dies anyone have any information on the ecvt trans? mine shifts very hard and is hard to get into gear.