1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay 4cyl diesel, dump, dually.

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by dmerc, Nov 3, 2008.

1. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

mmmm! seems to work for me.. www.tatankainternational.com

I havent called them so Do not know if they r still in Bizz,:confused: Shame if not as I was looking in to buying one for the ball n chain[wife]

2. jtpc

jtpc Member

?? strange. Maybe my computer is messed up?? I can access all other sites, but that one says 404 error. Yeah, I've seen the tatanka trucks in person and really liked them.

Yep, I just checked. It is my computer error. I used 'foxfire' browser and it works fine.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I have a grey market Yanmar diesel tractor that I have no problems getting parts for. I simply found out what the "domestic" equivalent for my tractor was, and buy my parts according to that model. As for that truck, if they already have U.S. sourced air fuel and oil filters for it, so long as the engine and trans runs fine, those are simple to source. That Cinese crew cab truck looks nice enough in the photo. I'd still take the sit back and wait approach. The Japanese have already proven their reputation through the products that they sell here. Those Chinese knock offs have not. Even if they did, they would still need to be capable of highway speeds. Goverened to 25 mph, is a waste, and I have no use for one.

4. jtpc

jtpc Member

Ya might check into the Tatanka trucks though. I was told by my dealer that they cruise at highway speeds better than most minitrucks. ??

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

We'll have to see how they fare over the next couple of years. TX will still be a no-go to register one for the street at current. In the meantime, I'm settling with a conventional compact pickup that I found in Sweetwater, TX last week. It lacks the way cool factor and instant conversion from a pickup to a flatbed and back again of the mini, but it'll render me able to finally get rid of the full size truck that my mini was originally purchased to replace.