1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Oil Change Success on 1990 Acty Street Van

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Chris McDowell, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Chris McDowell

Chris McDowell New Member

Hey guys,

I spent a little time on here researching what oil and filter my van needed, got it all worked out and wanted to post the results here for anyone searching in the future.

I used the Wix 51365 oil filter, which someone had mentioned in another thread, and 10W-30 oil. The old filter was stuck on there like crazy, and I had to use a strap wrench to get it off. The whole thing, even including the slight trip up with the strap wrench, was totally painless. She's running nice n smooth.

2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Remember if you happen to live north of say the 42 degree latitude you will need to change to 5w 30 winter oil

3. Chris McDowell

Chris McDowell New Member

thanks for the tip, Tony!

Tony Evers likes this.
  4. shogun

shogun Active Member

Did the same last week. Many tighten the oil filter too much. Just use some fresh oil and lube the o-ring on the filter cartridge, hand tighten and then 1/2 to 3/4 turn more, the system inside has a kind of spring system to hold it.
    Engine oil: My manual says 2.5 liters without oil filter change and 2.7 liters with filter change. 10W30 all year round in temperatures -20 --- >plus 40 degree Celsius, 0W20 in very cold areas , 5W30 and 5W40 is also mentioned .