1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dump bed question

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by possum398, Jan 30, 2017.

1. possum398

possum398 New Member

I just picked up what I think is an 87 Suzuki Carry, at least it has 1987 on the seat belt tag. It has a dump bed, but for the life of me I can not figure out where the controls are for it. Can someone please tell me where the controls are?

2. possum398

possum398 New Member

I didn't realize this forum was this dead!

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Pretty slow anymore,maybe no one that has read this knows. I had a Mitsubishi dump that I ended up putting on my Scrum and there switch is a rocker switch that hung under the dash.

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Some don't have the luxury of being able to check in here everyday so you may still get a direct answer. I am not familiar with any of the dump Kei vehicles but over the years have seen Levers, Push/pull cables, Electric, Air & Vacuum controls to work dump beds on various types of vehicles. Crawl under and take a look, you should be able to trace the hydraulic hoses from the lift cylinder(s) to the control valve and then trace from there. You may also find that if the dump bed was not being used, the controls were removed. You never know what has transpired to these vehicles over the years and what has been done to them.

Fred

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Additionally, dump beds are not super common. Have you tried directly contacting some of the vendors like Trax and Horns, or G&R? Sorry I can't be of more help.

6. Ran440

Ran440 Member

This is where mine is on my 95 Zuki. After taking that close up........I realize....... IMG_8834_LI.jpg I really need to clean my truck