1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop bed side panels.

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by NOLATAC, May 6, 2016.

1. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

I think I want to replace a couple of the side drop panels and possibly the tailgate on one of my trucks. ANyone know a good source?

Also, what are the latches that hold the tailgate in place called? Thanks

[​IMG]

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Those type latches were used by most all the Japanese pickup manufacturers during the 60s & 70s so if you have an import salvage yard anywhere near you may find something to use.

Fred

3. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Aye...

The panels themselves are hard to score even here in the motherland... they all tend to fail at the hinges eventually, and eventually all the old dudes here drive their stuff until the wheels fall off (or said panels) so good used ones are hen's teeth, and expensive when they do appear.

That rear one there on yours doesn't look too bad compared to some I've seen...

4. gun_mike

gun_mike New Member

Hello,
    you can get tailgate panels from here. http://autoparts.beforward.jp/
    I replaced the rear one on the DB52t. Shipping was very expensive. and it took 6 weeks to show up.

Regards,
    Mike

5. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

There's a resource I hadn't run across before, thanks.

That said... with the condition and price of some of those I wonder if a body shop on that side couldn't work its magic for what you guys would pay by the time the goods were delivered... hmm.

Mine could use a good once-over too, thinking to add an inner skin of some sort to prevent the damage to the outers that happens all too often when stuff slides around.

6. fmartin_gila

I've seen some wood inner panels installed in the pickups. I would think wood would give a bit of softness & resilience to something sliding into it rather than metal inner panels which will get pretty dinged when something hits it.

Fred

7. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

I am going to try to salvage what i have. they are not too bad at all. Will probably also completely rhino line one of the trucks completely.

8. fmartin_gila

I've seen some beds rhino lined and it seems to be some tough stuff and can take quite a bit of abuse.

Fred