1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive from Hell stories...share them

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by fupabox, Apr 16, 2012.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Just for fun...post your " worst ever drive" or drive from Hell stories..
    I'll give you one :)

Many moons ago I drove down to South Carolina from Toronto to find a vintage Volkswagen Beetle to restore...a friend drove me and we would be driving back in two cars if everything went well...Picked up a sweet 1969 beetle and headed North with a temp. plate and less than 24 hours before I had to be at work...the radio didn't work and the car had an 8-track in it but no tapes..found an 8-track tape under the seat after a few hours and plugged it in (the labels were rotted off so I had no clue what to expect...) it was Kurt Russell (yes the actor)singing Elvis songs:confused::confused:...not great..but better than silence...until the 3rd or fourth go around:frustration::frustration:...that tape met an ugly death once I got home...if I ever meet Kurt Russell he better run;)

2. Wedge

Wedge Member

At work on the James Baie territory I had a missing person call and I had to go look for him. Fortunately I drive the suburban that night. Their some snow fall but no storm annouced by the time left it was 0100 am start looking along the road for the missing truck but the snow starts to become heavier and the wind is picking up very fast. I get a call from my dispatch when I'm about 150km from base that the guy was found. I start heading back and now the weather is very violent I can't see anything so I calm down and decide to follow the snow banks on the side of the roads driving at around 10km/h hitting from time to time it was the only thing that could guide me back since I couldn't see anything past the edge of hood. I used that snow bank to get home took me a couple hours. By the time I got home the snow accumulation was up to 18 inchs with big snow drifts of 3 to 4 feets high I told myself never again but I could not of know unless I check a barometer and see the pressure drop. I take it as a drive from hell a good experience at keeping my calm and finding a solution get home.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. wheelsea

wheelsea New Member

would like your mini truck stories for up and coming book called the amazing world of the mini truck
    an introduction to all things kei truck my first book GOOGE IT the amphigeo story the story of building an amphibious car
    back to this book any story i use you'll receive the book free this is not some black and white book but full color and lots of info from history to accessories call me 321 213 3002 with your story or better email me at midwayminis@gmail.com