Double din mount or wiring harness??

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by cabnfever, Jun 20, 2009.

1. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

Are there any kits available for installing a double din head unit in a 93 sambar. Also is there a wiring harness available so i dont have to hack/splice into the factory harness.

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

if you have the room for a double din it shouldn't be that hard to just put it in there and make a support for the rear. you should be able to cut carefully enough to get the tabs of the sleeve to catch the dash panel in the front, and like a said a good support on the rear is imperative since a double din is so heavy. as for the wiring, i just used a test light to find my constant hot (from battery for memory and clock) the keyed hot for the actual radio power, and then once i was connecte i just moved around the remaining 8 wires to ring out the speakers for the left and right. mine was a daihatsu but they are all so similar i would imagine yours is the same... but i've been wrong before.

the problem with finding one of the "painless" wiring kits is that the sambar doesn't have an american equivelant to get the parts for it.. the same goes for the easy install radio holder... and anything you find will be JDM and probably be more expensive than it's worth.

good luck, let me know if you need any more help.

3. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Uncle Milt,
    What's a "double Din"?
    Tmikewww
    (tom)

4. cabnfever

cabnfever Member

Double din is a double sized stereo head unit.

Milt, good suggestion but the problem i have is my eclipse deck dosent use a sleeve. It needs to be secured on the sides with brackets. Oh well im sure i will figure something out.