1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domingo cabin heta nd thermostat

Discussion in 'Microvans' started by Pat Eaton, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Pat Eaton

Pat Eaton New Member

The cabin air blows cold even with a warm engine, anyone know what could fix this? The defrost and foot air temp is ok, this is just the hand vents.

Also now the weather is colder, the motor temp is slow to rise. Where is the thermostat located?

Thanks

Pat

2. Glasstech

Glasstech New Member

Good Day All

I don't know where you are but this morning it's -29, it's freeking cold.
    For the last 2 weeks my mechanic and I have played cancel tag to get a block heater in the van and get the antifeerze brought up to snuff. Friday night I froze the radiator. The engine was getting very hot but only cold air was coming from the defrost. Luckily a tow job home and a night in the garage solved those preblems. Yesterday I ran the van hourly to keep her working.
    Must tell Japanoid that when they sell to a Yukoner that the antifreeze needs to be -50 of better.
    Seriously though, my thermostat apppears to be on top of the motor when you pull the engine cover up.
    The good thing about the temperature is you don't have to worry about shocks. At this temp they freeze solid and are totaly useless. When you start rolling the tires also have square edges where they have been sitting on the ground. You feel like you're riding in a buckboard.
    The heater does appear to put out a good amount of heat but with the window area you could have a Hermanson in there and it wouldn't do any good.
    Today I'm off the the Geoscience Trade show for my turn at the kiosk and I'm dressed for winter, 2 pair socks, longjohns and an extra shirt. And this when I'm working inside.
    Did I mention it cold outside. Being Yukoners their is no mercy rule.
    Think warm thoughts

3. Old Guy

Old Guy New Member

Heat

As with most mini trucks and vans you will only get heat from the defrost and floor, the dash vent are just that, they will bring outside air in at whatever temp it is outside. The thermostat is easy to change. If the engine temp is slow rising the thermostat may be stuck open. As well with the small engine and cooling system, operating temp is sometime hard to get to when it is cold out.Its -23 here so i do understand.

4. Pat Eaton

Pat Eaton New Member

Thank guys, its only -3 here. I feel lucky.

5. Old Guy

Old Guy New Member

- 3 is still t-shirt weather:D

6. anthill

anthill Member