1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does YOUR dealer...

Discussion in 'References' started by zardoz, Nov 24, 2009.

?

Who will your dealer sell parts to?

1. My dealer will only sell parts to people that buy trucks from them.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. My parts dealer didn't sell me my truck but he's glad for my business just the same

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. My parts dealer gives returning customers discounts, but they will sell full cost to anyone

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. parts? I don't need no stinkin parts....

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. zardoz

zardoz Member

only sell parts to folks that bought their truck/van from them? I invite the dealers especially to chime in on this one :)

z

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

I buy my parts from "BlockHouse minitrucks". They didn't sell me my truck but are more than happy to help me out with whatever I need.

z

3. Meesho

Meesho Member

Is this a joke???

The question should be framed like this:

Does the dealer you bought your truck from have replacement parts easily available?

Why would it matter who else they sell parts to if you are happy with the service you are getting???

Besides, your second Option "My parts dealer didn't sell me my truck but he's glad for my business just the same" doesnt even make sense considering some of the best places to buy parts don't even sell trucks! Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. KeiEye

KeiEye Member

I bought my '91 mitsi through private sale after checking on the web for others.
    I haven't broken any parts as yet, but I have made enquiries with two suppliers.
    One supplier refused to sell to me & the other one hasn't got back to me after I emailed him. I need an idler arm & I'm struggling to decide on whether I should have a custom exhaust built or try & locate a decent used replacement.
    I'm certainly new to the whole minitruck scene, but have been driving & repairing cars since I was 15. In those (many) years, I've never had anyone who sold the part I was looking for, refuse to sell to me because I hadn't bought the car from them.
    As a small business owner in my city, I know that the way I treat new or potential customers will influence whether or not they return to my store the next time the need something. There are several other stores in town that sell the same product that I do. It would be foolish of me to refuse to sell their customers any of my product. I do my best to identify new customers & make them feel welcome & valued. It keeps them coming back!

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I would say that all the vendors on the first page top are good honest part suppliers. Ive bought parts from a least half of them in the past. Over the last 3 yrs. Ive built a good relationship with 3 or 4 of them and thats who I use now. If you find a dealer that only sells to their truck buyers FORGET THEM. Thats childish. If you want to know who I use PM me. For those that buy parts every once in a while shop the part. Prices still vary. Ive talked to to dealers that are not selling trucks anymore and are going to parts. So that indicates to me the parts prices may come down a little.
    I will tell you one thing they have come down a lot already. I remember about 3 yrs. ago I paid 125.00 for a set of brake pads for a Daihatsu. Today they are half the price. Oh well, gotta do what you have to do. Shop them parts!

6. Meesho

Meesho Member

What kind of business do you operate??

7. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

We dont sell to anyone. We hoard our parts in a big pile then roll around in them naked. ;)

Parts are coming down. We have recently joined forces with a few key dealers enabling us to buy in much larger quantities than we could on our own. Look for lower pricing on key items soon and more items to come. Things are trickling in, but more reductions should come in late winter / early spring as the large orders arrive.

Our customer qualifications are very strict - you must have money!

8. TRAX and HORNS

Amen to that!

9. Kei King

Kei King Member

First step is to accept responsibility for your original buying decision and to understand that nobody owes you anything. It's called personal responsibility.

What is accepting personal responsibility?

Accepting personal responsibility includes:
    * Acknowledging that you are solely responsible for the choices in your life.
    * Accepting that you are responsible for what you choose to feel or think.
    * Accepting that you choose the direction for your life.
    * Accepting that you cannot blame others for the choices you have made.
    * Tearing down the mask of defense or rationale for why others are responsible for who you are, what has happened to you and what you are bound to become.
    * The rational belief that you are responsible for determining who your are, and how your choices affect your life.
    * Pointing the finger of responsibility back to yourself and away from others when you are discussing the consequences of your actions.
    *Realizing that you determine your feelings about any events or actions addressed to you, no matter how negative they seem.
    * Recognizing that you are your best cheerleader; it is not reasonable or healthy for you to depend on others to make you feel good about yourself.
    * Recognizing that as you enter adulthood and maturity, you determine how your self-esteem will develop.
    * Not feeling sorry for the "bum deal" you have been handed but taking hold of your life and giving it direction and reason.
    * Letting go of your sense of over responsibility for others.
    * Protecting and nurturing your health and emotional well being.
    * Taking preventive health oriented steps of structuring your life with time management, stress management, confronting fears and burnout prevention.
    * Taking an honest inventory of your strengths, abilities, talents, virtues and positive points.
    * Developing positive, self-affirming, self-talk scripts to enhance your personal development and growth.
    * Letting go of blame and anger toward those in your past who did the best they could, given the limitations of their knowledge, background and awareness.
    * Working out anger, hostility, pessimism and depression over past hurts, pains, abuse, mistreatment and misdirection.

READ ON: http://www.livestrong.com/article/14698-accepting-personal-responsibility/

10. TRAX and HORNS

Would you care to go a little deeper. No,No,Just kidding. Take a Deep Breath and Lighten Up, Brother.

11. TRAX and HORNS

MiniBrutes, you got a naked room also?

12. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

A naked room? Shoot, I have a naked freakin warehouse.

But guys, I actually dont think KK is putting that in a bad way. I think its just a general statement meant for reflection and not putting anyone down or freaking out. (But I could be wrong)

For once I am on his side? What is wrong with me? I must be sick.

13. jtpc

jtpc Member

I just ordered from fgpstore.com (one of the sponsors) and they shipped the same day. :) I've been looking for the oil and air filter for my Hijet forever and glad to find a place that ships fast.

14. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

But you have all of mine. Sniff. Never got invited into the Room of Doom either.Sniff. You have hurt my feeling.;)

15. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Interesting debate going on here...

Just sharing my $0.02 as a dealer but I'm not in the mini truck OE replacement parts business. However, I AM in the customization business to help setting-up your truck like you want to. If one of my customers ever calls needing a specific part for their truck, I will certainly get it. If I'm working on a truck and need parts, I certainly know where to go.
    Since day one, we focused more on becoming the go-to accessories dealer as we opened the door for more and more unique products that mini truck owners wanted. It's really hard to do all three very well (truck sales, accessories, AND parts).

Let's face it, there are several excellent parts companies that can provide the outstanding inventory of parts and great customer service. I dont want to compete with that facet of our industry. I tell folks that call us for parts every day the same thing: I can get you the parts you are looking for but I'm going to give you a referral instead. Then I connect them with companies that have proven themselves in the industry (are you listening Mike?) :D If they're not handled and treated as I would expect, I tell them to call me back and I'll take it from there.

Why should I charge people more just to be another middleman raising the cost of the parts? Yes, some may call me idiotic for passing on dollars here and there, but I'm more motivated to assist fellow MT enthusiasts and prove our intentions as honest and reliable people in business to continue building the industry. This type of respect and customer service has brought us a long way while having alot of fun doing it. I'm still an enthusiast first and a businessman second.

(steps down from soap box) :rolleyes:

- Dan

16. Meesho

Meesho Member

Vehicle sales and parts sales are 2 different things. Like running 2 seperate businesses at once. Different ways of ordering, selling, shipping etc. 2 different skill sets. Sometimes (like in the case of a NEW car dealer) they are housed in the same building but operationally they are 2 seperate beasts. Even the book-keeping is seperate. It works out better when you specialize and concentrate your efforts 100% on one thing rather than trying to do 2 things half ass.

17. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yeah Dan! You know where to go! ;)

Parts can be a dirty, difficult, hugely time consiming job. We are a long ways away from having the supply I would like, but I find it fun.

Not so much the selling of the parts mind you, but the finding of the parts and growing of our brand.

Too many things and not enough money!

18. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

I fully understand that buy owning and driving a completely rare vehicle that yes, I cannot get the parts i want/need asap. I also know that sometimes finding or even getting certain parts is not a cake walk. My dealer may have sold me a truck that he doesnt normally carry, so i know i will have to hunt for parts when the time comes. (lol v8 pushrod in a mini truck)

19. Hullroad

Hullroad New Member

I think we need a fifth option

.......Reading through the sight I think it would become the most popular option......Do you just make the parts you need? ;)....There are some pretty industrious folks on this sight....I have gotten many good ideas reading what others have done.....Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.....

20. zardoz

zardoz Member

Hey this got lively! Didn't even turn into the crap fest it looked like it might shortly after opening.

Some very interesting/(bizarre?) responses and now I'm pretty sure I don't want ANYTHING from some naked dude! LOL Please tell me the "naked" parts clerks are all female an cute ;)

z

21. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

22. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

now thats a "naked warehouse"! lol

23. TRAX and HORNS

Jeremy, will you buy me out and then transfer me to where ever she is working. I'll mop the floors and clean the toilets..
    PS- my wife said if I get bought out and get a transfer she is staying and tearing down the naked room and making it a sun room for flowers.- BS- I changed my mind, I'm keeping the business and my naked room.

24. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

She polishes the struts.

Do you want to polish knobs?

Haha.

25. zardoz

zardoz Member

Now thats a naked parts clerk to look forward to seeing.... as OFTEN as possible! ;)

z

26. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Jeremy! What are you doing with my tool girl?

27. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

I am teaching her the ways man! Struts need better polishing!