1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does windshield fit and other stuff?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by oldoldoldman, Apr 6, 2011.

1. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

Hi, I need to know if 1987 s80 windshield will fit a s80 1993 jumbo and what is the vin tag number that tells me if engine is 550 or 660? Is there someone that can tell me what all the vin # can tell me about a truck? Im looking at I think 1993 with 9000 miles jumbo 550 2wd 4spd with hi low range and wonder how that affects the final speed on a 4 speed trans? Is it higher and lower both than a standard 4 spd or is it just lower? What top end can I expect from it compared to a standard 4 spd which now tops out at about 42 with 13 inch tires and a 550 engine turning pretty fast? One last thing for now any guess on value of the 93 jumbo 550 2wd in little less than average condition? tom

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

heh. dunno offhand if it will fit.

as for vins etc i dunno off top of my head but id assume its a 660 being an 87

3. Hate to tell you this but there were no S80P’s I993’s. S80 series last production date was March of 1990. S80P & S81P were all 550cc. Then from 1990/4 Hijets S82 & S83 series were all 660cc.

If you want the whole entire Daihatsu production codes go to www.yokohamamotors.com and click on the Daihatsu Production Button. You can download and then decode what you are trying to find out.

Cheers,
    Don
    www.yokohamamotors.com
    Parts
    Parts@yokohamamotors.com