1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this look like a valve cover gasket problem or something else?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by charlesshoults, Nov 8, 2014.

1. I have noticed the truck smelling like burned oil from time to time. After finishing axle work today, I took the truck and drove it for six miles or so. When I got it home, I took the passenger seat out to take a look, and sure enough, it's producing smoke from fluids running down on the exhaust. The distributor comes down and connects into this thing somehow, but from looking at the pictures below, does it look like this is a valve cover gasket leak or something more involved?

If I have a 1993 Mazda Scrum / Suzuki Carry, does this look like the right thing I would need? Does not say DD51T, so I don't know.

http://superminitrucks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138

Suzuki Carry Valve Cover Gasket
    Fits Suzuki F6A Engine with Hemi Head 660cc
    1990-199
    Suzuki Carry Valve Cover Gasket DA41T, DA51T, DA51V, DB52T 12 Valve F5B F6A.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

There is an o ring for the dizzy that goes bad frequently.I had one from a gasket kit but also found one at a local hardware store.

3. I'll go at it with degreaser and a brush tomorrow to remove the grime. Hopefully an o-ring is all that it is.

4. This is the last warm day we're going to have for a while, the next four days forecast to be in the 20s or so. So, I took the truck over to a car wash for a quick pressure clean of the area. I'm guessing the leak is coming from the area marked below.

[​IMG]

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That's where the O ring is.It's a skinny little thing and hardens and leaks.

6. Cool. I found a distributor o-ring on minibrutes.com. $2.95. Estimated cost of shipping? $22.00. Not so cool.

7. NAPA Auto Parts, 727-2031. Local shop can order them. $10 and change for a package of 10.