1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor rotor overhaul

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by MrJPolito, Jun 13, 2022.

1. MrJPolito

MrJPolito Active Member

Hi again,

I'm cleaning up my Sambar KS4 truck (automatic supercharged 4wd) and I've taken apart the distributor rotor and where it mounts to the engine.

IMG_20220613_221330_003.jpg IMG_20220613_221327_190.jpg

There's a ball bearing in there that I was quickly able to find a matching replacement for at the local hardware store. It was 9x30x10mm. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get it out of there. It was held in place by two screws, which I've removed but the thing sticking out of the flat end is preventing me from pulling the whole rotor out.

Any ideas on how I take this thing apart? Do I need to use a hole punch or something?

Thanks

2. cop on my back

cop on my back Active Member

You need to drive the pin out of the engine side of the shaft to remove the coupler. I think you might be able to press it out once that is removed. I wouldn't want to disturb the reluctor as it is key to correct spark timing.

3. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Make sure that you take a note of the orientation of that coupler to the shaft. It only mates to the cam in one orientation, so it is important not to mount it off by 180 degrees.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    fmartin_gila likes this.
  4. cop on my back

cop on my back Active Member

Yes, very true!!