1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor hose

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by joe jennings, Feb 6, 2023.

1. joe jennings

joe jennings New Member

New here guys and need some help. I have a 1997 mini carry truck with the 3 cyl suzuki motor carb fed. There is a hose that is on the dist cap along with the coil wire and the3 spark plug wires. What is it for and does it suppose to attach to something else on the truck?
    Thanks, JOE

2. Smokie

Smokie Member

That is a vent hose to keep moisture from condensing inside. It doesn't hook to anything, just make sure it doesn't get plugged.

3. joe jennings

joe jennings New Member

Thanks alot. I checked it and it is open. I put a small fuel filter from a gas leaf blower on the end so nothing will get in it.
    Another question. I noticed a electric solinoid mounted on the frame above the dist with a hose going to the motor. There is a port that is open that i would think would open up when activated. When opened up i would think unfiltered air would go to the motor. Is it missing a hose or filter?
    JOE

4. Smokie

Smokie Member

I'll try to look at mine and see what you're talking about before commenting.

5. joe jennings

joe jennings New Member

It is under the sheet metal thar cover part of the transmission. easy to spot.
    Thanks

6. Smokie

Smokie Member

Looks like it only has one hose on it, and and an electrical connection. I have a picture that I will try and post later.

7. joe jennings

joe jennings New Member

That's it. Same thing on my truck. It is on there for a reason, like to know what it is for and how it functions.

8. Smokie

Smokie Member

I searched Megazip catalog, and about the only thing I can come up with is that it is for emissions. Not sure how or what it works.

9. joe jennings

joe jennings New Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. Love to find out more about the complete emission system for future reference in case i have a problem with the motor running.