1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor cap

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 98mit, Jan 27, 2019.

1. 98mit

98mit New Member

Time for a first question, and yes I've been searching for weeks.
    Followed the links for using Toro parts and not getting any results. Not sure if my search skills are poor or whether the Toro Mitsubishi parts are obsolete.
    I ordered one from the USA and found the towers for the plug wires shifted to the right 20 degrees. The dealer was unsure about the mismatch and said they have been using Suzuki caps with success.
    Now I have to wait 3 weeks for a cap from Japan.
    This is for a 98 Minicab. Part # MD618517 which is discontinued.
    Anyone have any information on the suzuki cross, or any other source for parts?

Right now it's running not bad with the wrong cap turned 20 degrees left and held on with bailing wire.
    You gotta have a sense of humor to drive one of these.

2. 98mit

98mit New Member

Even more seaching and I'm sure Toro does not sell 3G83 parts any longer.
    The part numbers are still good and can be found at various dealers around the US.
    Nothing up here in Canada including ebay or amazon.

Bailing wire proved a viable prototype so I made some metal tabs to offset the screw 1/2" or 20 degrees and works fine, should last a few weeks.

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

5. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

6. 98mit

98mit New Member

Thanks for your replies. I did look at Yokohama, but got a different search result with a similar page.
    Impex looks a lot simpler and the shipping is 1/3. When converting to Canadian pesos the cost of parts gets crazy.

7. ttc

ttc Active Member

Ya it is a bit of a process with them. Order and pay less the shipping. They then get the actual shipping cost and invoice your account. They do not update that you have to pay the shipping you have to keep checking the site. I have gotten quite a bit of stuff from them.