1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt Bikes and Kei Vans

Discussion in 'Microvans' started by SublimeGTI, Nov 17, 2010.

1. SublimeGTI

SublimeGTI New Member

Anyone own a Dirt bike, and tried too, or could measure to find out if they can fit one in the back of one of these Vans for me? The dealer is an hour away, and my bike is 20 min away at a friends so I can't measure it.

The Van he has is a Daihatsu Atrai I think with the rear seats out I could maybe roll it in from pics I've seen these vans look pretty tall.

I also chose the van becase I have a little one on the way and this would make a good grocery getter. My wife has a bigger safer SUV for long hauls.

I know a friend of mine has fit his in a VW eurovan. Its really handy to lock everything up when were at the track.

If anyone could find out if this could work I'd be very apprecative thanks for you help guys!

Dave

2. starpuss

starpuss Member

i dont know if this will help... but it will should you the size.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SublimeGTI

SublimeGTI New Member

yeah It does look pretty close, I went for a drive and I measured the bikes handle bars at 50 inches so thats 127cm. So I have a feeling its not going to work out, anyone that could find size of the opening that would be cool.

I have been googling for hrs and came up with 110 cm? maybe I could find a way to compress the forks before I roll it in..:sly:

4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i dont think it will fit unless he has a raised roof version. could try taking off front wheel?

5. SublimeGTI

SublimeGTI New Member

I think it has the twin skylight? Not quite sure though. yeah it might have to be a front wheel off.

Hope someone owns a measuring tape???

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  6. SublimeGTI

SublimeGTI New Member

well it won't fit a bike inside, but what a fun van to drive, I'm offically saving my pennies. :D

7. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I managed to stuff my Tomos Targa into the back of my Suzuki Kei van and bring her home today.