1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dipstick help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by ApoX, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ApoX

ApoX New Member

Hey guys, I have a quick question here, was hoping someone could verify their dipstick length for me. I just checked my oil level and it's like 4 inches above the full line..... seems crazy but I haven't noticed anything while driving it. I'm thinking the PO probably didn't have the correct dipstick.

Looking for the overall length and distance between markers if possible!

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

On my F6A the length of the metal part is 16" and from the bottom end to the full mark is 3 1/2". Mine is overfull too and usually is because I just dog it around the property so I have to change it pretty often.I think it's because it is usually running rich with full choke. I don't have

any place to get it out and run it and warm it up good .

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Active Member

On my K6A the overall length is 14 inch, from the seal where it stops at the dipstick tube to the full mark/hole is 9 5/8 & the low level mark/hole is 11/16 inch further down the stick. The full mark/hole is 1 1/8 inch from the bottom & the low mark/hole is 13/16 inch from the end.

Fred

4. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

Alright... I'll go out and measure tomorrow.

OP... what year? Shouldn't matter? but you never know.

How much oil did you put in at change time, and did you compensate for filter change or not doing?

5. ApoX

ApoX New Member

Sorry guys been out of town for weeks working. I measured mine and the metal part is just shy of 16, and my bottom to full mark is a fraction over 3-1/4". strange they are similar but not quite. Mine is an F6A engine but a 1998 Carry. I'll be getting a call soon that my filter is in, so I think I am going to change the oil to the specific level and see if it runs any different. My current oil level is outrageous, like over double the distance up the dip stick from the full indicator. It was shipped to me that way.