1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dimensions2 minicabs 20' container. CANADA

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 3banger, Mar 5, 2008.

1. 3banger

3banger Member

Hey there,

I just bought another van today! My container leaves in 8 days. I haven't packed it yet. I was only going to put one van in there.. But now I have 2. I'd REALLY like to put both inside but I'm not sure they'll fit.

Does anyone know where I can find the exact measurements of a 1991-1996 minicab van? I remember my 9' surfboard just barely fit inside... so it's got to me close to 10' long.

If it's less than 10' then in theory they should both fit.. maybe I can take the bumpers off.

Also I wonder how much room I need to leave on either end of each van. Is there a rule for that or can I risk it by going REALLY close to the ends.

I don't want to steal anyone's business.. so you can PM me if you don't want to publish the details.

In return, let me know if you want me to throw any parts from here in for ya. I know all the mits guys here and can speak chinese.

2. 3banger

3banger Member

gotta love google.

Exterior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 3195 x 1395 x 1905

3. 3banger

3banger Member

crap. That equals 10.48' too long.

I've seen the trucks with the front wheels in the bed of another truck to save space... but vans can't do that.

Got any ideas? I'm going to cry.

4. Colin

Colin Member

Turn one upside down and tessellate. :D

5. Maybe if you remove both front and rear bumpers that will get the 6" per truck you need, provided the inside dimensions of the container is a full 20'. You won't have to worry about the trucks touching the front wall, each other or the back since the bumpers will not be on. Just a thought.

6. Subaru

Subaru Member

Get a 40' container,not that much more money,and add some more vehicles inside.......;)

7. draggbody

draggbody Member

buy a front clip, cram it inside van one... take van two and crash into brick wall until desired lenght is acheived... use van one to tow van two to the body shop when you get home... problem solved...:D

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

There was a post recently about someone who got a container delivered with the trucks loaded backwards from the usual way...the first truck was backed into the can and then the front of it was hung from the ceiling by chains and the next truck backed under it and the process repeated. I wonder if you could lift one or both trucks this way to same some space? I'm not sure that you would actually save any space but it's a thought.

9. 3banger

3banger Member

2 vans won't fit in a 20' can.

Yeah. Due to the shape of the van... I think they'd actually get longer if I raised the front up.

I get so jealous when I look at the trucks humping and getting THREE in a 20' container.

I've decided to ship only the one. I'll have to come back and take the other one next year.

Cheers.

If anyone has any info on getting newer than 1993 vehicles into Canada.. let me know, ok? The second one was too new anyway. I'm going to have to leave it over here for a couple more years to let it mature :p