1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difflock rear end value?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by MiniBrutes, May 5, 2008.

1. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

What would you suppose a Difflock rear end would be worth? Complete with axles and solenoids/valves?

Retrofit your truck to difflock?

I may be able to get a schwack of difflock rears, but am curious what people would be willing to pay?

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

$500 Maybe? Don't think I could spend much more.

-Greg

3. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yeah, I think that is a fair number. Thanks for your input.

Jeremy

4. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I would be interested in one.

5. norm nelson

norm nelson New Member

I too would be interested in a couple!

6. greg0187

My only worry is the gear ratio matching. My guess is that there are different ones. It would be nice if there was a way to tell without tearing one down.

-Greg

7. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

you can tell gear ratio by turning the driveshaft and how many turns it takes to turn axle one rotation. 3.5 turns of driveshaft to make 1 turn of axle = 3.55 ratio.
    i would like to have a rear locker in mine but would spend nowhere near $500 for it.

8. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, where can you find them otherwise? I would like to have lower priced ones, but so far it doesnt seem to be happening.

9. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

i really dont have any idea. i just got into this about 2 weeks ago. im pretty sure eventually that Detroit or someone will eventually come up with a drop in or a full locker for these trucks.
    im not saying that everyone else wont pay that much for one. im just saying that i wont.

10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Ok. I thought maybe you had the magic answer we have all been looking for and you were holding out.

11. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

if i had the magic answer i would be ritch.

12. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Hahah, No kidding. I wonder what would kind of volumes we would need to have someone actually manufacture some sort of drop-in limited slip or full lock unit.

13. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

Detroit already makes them for the most popular 4wheelers. theyve been in the business for i dont know how long. i might see if i can send them an email.
    the cheapest and easiest to make would be a minispool but you are just as well to weld up your rearend if your gonn do that.

14. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yeah, and thats no good, especially for those looking for street use.

15. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

well i just sent Detroit Locker an email. They are the same as Eaton. just took a coupla seconds to do so and maby if they get enough emails they will look into producing something. anyone interested please email them or any other locker company you can think of. iv been up since 3AM so i cant think of any others right now. if any of you other guys can think of another please let me know and i will email them also.

16. greg0187

Here's a question. Have you priced an on demand Detroit or similar locker lately? It might make you think differently on the price of an entire axle assembly w/locker.

-Greg

17. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

their full case lockers are expensive but their drop in mini lockers arnt too bad.

18. ace cutter

ace cutter Member

i will buy one today want my shipping address,im trying to make my truck as tough and rosd worthy as i can ,i have a 99suzuki, with custom drive shafts, custom ladder bars custom 8inch lift custom wheel spacers ,wheelsl,cab extension roof rack snorkel,winch,lights

19. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

My hopes and dreams of having a pile of locking rears is not coming to fruition. I gots a single unit though, from a 91 DB51t (Well, it's still in the truck....)

20. Last thursday we got in a 2005 Dihatsu dump with Diff lock and it sold on Monday, I didn't even get to play with it:(

21. ace cutter

ace cutter Member

i will buy one for sure ,$500.00 is fair ill take one today

22. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

MiniBrutes,

What are your plans for the rear-end? Sell or keep?

23. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

I would be interested, even more interested if it were less expensive.

24. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Sorry, I havent paid attention to this forum.

- Yes, I have 1 difflock rear in stock. First $500+ tax + ship takes it. From DB51T, 90ish KM on the clock.

- And no, so far it looks like I will not be able to get a large supply of these as hoped. Still working on it, but its not looking good at this point.

- Someone here is offering LSD kits. This may be a more cost effective option for some.

25. ace cutter

ace cutter Member

will it fit my 99 db52t?

26. ace cutter

ace cutter Member

also do you have the switch and actuator or lever assembly ,what ever locks it

27. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

It is a combination of electric solenoids and vacuum lines. I have the switch and valves, although at this time I do not know if it is a stand-alone control system or if it is controlled by the 4WD controller. Either way, I can show you how to wire it up.

As far as fitting newer trucks, I cant help there. Here in Canada we are only allowed 1993 and older, so I have absolutely no information about your truck....

28. ace cutter

ace cutter Member

ok i understand ,my truck is a 1999 and so far everything about it has been different than pre 1999,ill do some investigating tommorow ,try to get answers from our local 4x4 shop ,we live in the county with the most registered 4x4 trucks in the world,paulding co ,georgia,we even made the guiness book

29. mgoblue221

mgoblue221 New Member

I'd pay about $450-$500 for a locker in the rear that you can disengage when not wanted. I had a kawasaki 610 mule with a selectable rear locker and it's amazing what a difference a locked rear makes. You don't want your rear locked when driving in the yard. The Mrs will get mad. I still like my heated cab, bigger box, faster than 25 mph, not getting wet when it rains, mini better. My 2 cents.