1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diff lock up

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by confuzed, Sep 8, 2009.

1. confuzed

confuzed Member

diff lock up / posi?

I have a 90 sambar had it in the shop yesterday did three burnouts when i looked both tires right from the start laid rubber. I do not have diff lock that I know of and was wondering if this is normal? I had it in 2 wheel drive. it is not supercharged.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. starpuss

starpuss Member

yes that is normal for a truck with low km's. my truck lock's them up most of the time.

if you want to check it jack it up and you will know. maybe some one welded the diff.

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

heh the old weld the spider gears trick?

4. starpuss

starpuss Member

i dont know y but mine will lock them up and send 10-20ft black stip down the street. and i jacked it up and checked mine are not welded up. maybe some truck come with limited slip differential?

maybe ill make a video of it lol...

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I don't find it unusual with such a light rear end. Try lightin em up while turning. If the rear end passes ya... then you have something.

6. starpuss

starpuss Member

if i hit it when i am turning 1 black strip. unless i am on sand/mud then they both will spin.

7. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

then it must be your rear end is just in that good of shape lol.

nice youtube vid btw!

8. starpuss

starpuss Member

9. confuzed

confuzed Member

Ok thank you mine has 83,000 on it so i guess its normal then lol

10. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Starpuss, did you do any damage to the truck when you jumped it?

11. starpuss

starpuss Member

QUOTE=TRAX and HORNS;37856]Starpuss, did you do any damage to the truck when you jumped it?[/QUOTE]

Well the bumper broke, mounts cracked on the bottom witch I can fix ez by putting a washer to hold it on... lol but I knew it was going to hit the top of the hill, and I have plans to make a nice bush bumper for the truck. But other then that truck still drives 100% strait on the hiway. Also the front control arm has a little lip on it. But I think that was from hitting a little rock the week before.