1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diff Lock follow-up!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Inane2, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Hey guys,

You may remember my write up on my diff lock install from last year around Labor Day (01' S210P). Haven't really messed with it much since then. We've had an unseasonal winter here in KY so while the temps are pleasant, everything is staying pretty soupy.

I was out this afternoon picking up scrap metal (left by previous owner) from my back fence row and got to use the diff lock (plus 4 high!). I'm glad to report it worked like a charm. Hit the switch, let it mesh up and true locker action! I was playing in the mud but could tell the truck would be pretty mean to handle on asphalt / concrete while it's locked in.

Que "Sanford and Son" theme song...........:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

"Lamont, you big dummy!" :D

Nice job, Jamie! Yeah, that's the problem with this mild winter, too wet to do much wood cutting and not enough snow to plow (or ski!) I forget, did you end up hooking up your diff lock so that it worked in something other than 1st gear?

3. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Hey Keith,

Sorry for my delay. Crazy winter. We've hit 70 the past two days here. However, we also had 4 tornadoes yesterday!

I skipped on buying the first gear indicator. Made a jumper and plugged it into the connector for the first gear indicator. Diff lock will work in any gear you like. I've used it in 1st, 2nd and reverse. For what I'm doing around the farm, I probably won't have a need for in any gear higher than 2nd.

You could easily do the same to your if need be.

Thanks again Keith for all of your help with this mod. I couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  4. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Here are the pics of the setup :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first gear indicator is the blue connector. The reverse connector is the clear connector, which serves the back-up lamp as well as the vacuum switch valve for the diff lock actuator.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  5. What gauge wire did you use on your jumper? It looks like you just used the male connector ends... please confirm. Thanx...

6. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Good evening,

The jumper is 16 gauge wire with a male spade terminal on each end. Works like a charm!