1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the interior cab size increase in 91’

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Mikep294, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Mikep294

Mikep294 New Member

I’m 6’3” & looking to get a Carry. Sat in one that was a 90’ & was a little tight. Heard from a questionable source that there was a little increase in room on the 91’s & later?

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

the answer is it depends. Starting with the DD51T, 1992 and newer had 2 seat options. The seat on some higher optioned or newer trucks, the seat has adjusters on the drivers side, so that shorter people can drive. The other option is the seats are fixed positon. You can tell the difference by looking at the seat backs, adjuster seats have individual backs and the fixed seats have a single solid seat back.. The fixed seat back gets you about 3" more room. I'm 6' and daily a fixed seat 1992 Carry 5spd with relative comfort. A 1996 DK51T ( Autozam branded ) that I test drove was noticeably tighter but I could still drive it.

The back cab wall was altered in design for the DD51 to give more operator room. It protrudes outward.

Mikep294 likes this.
  3. Cole

Cole Member

My understanding is that the newer style 99 and up have slightly bigger cabs and fuel injection.

Mikep294 likes this.
  4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

they do also. The foot well is extended since the Japanese government allowed the Kei class vehicles be a little longer in 1999 and newer

Mikep294 likes this.