1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diahatsu at Work!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Northern Tire and Auto, Feb 20, 2010.

1. I don't baby this truck and so far it's proved itself. The locker sure help with pushing the snow. The truck plows our work lot, my long driveway, my mother's driveway and the neighbors long drive. I've never had a problem with the truck but the Allied plow that's on it has be heavily modified because the truck keeps breaking it. I'll probably just built my own next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. starpuss

starpuss Member

what size tires and rims do you have?

3. 175/65R14 studded winter tires on 14" steel Contour rims.

4. hoggr9

hoggr9 New Member

more details on plow mount

Looks like a good job on the plow mount.
    Give us more info.

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Love it. Is your truck lifted at all? And yeah, I'd love to see more info on your plow setup. With all due respect to our many supporting vendors that offer snow plows, I still sometimes wonder how well some of the support systems would hold up to hitting snow banks at more than 5mph. I know when I use my tractor (which is lighter than a kei truck) I have to hit some things rather, um, forcefully to get things done. :D

6. I do have a two inch lift in it. I put larger coil springs up front to compensate for the plow and shackles in the rear.

That seems to be the problem. Everyone that offers a plow for sale has a video showing the trucks pushing 2-3" of fresh powder. I want to see some real world plowing, running into 2 month old snow banks, pushing wet heavy snow and hitting hidden obstructions under the snow. I use to have a Boss Super Duty plow mounted on a 3/4 ton Chevy and if you hit something hard you know the truck would break before the plow.

More pics showing modifications.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  7. Acerguy

So it looks like you have a center mounted receiver hitch then two outer tubes that I presume fit over some stub tubes on the mount? Looks nicely supported. Great!

And thanks for the lift info too. :)

8. The two outer tube prevent the middle receiver from bending. The outer tubes come in contact with the front hitch if the plow has a load on it on one side. No stub tubes. You can see it in the last picture top right corner. I did this modification after I bent the center receiver. The plow springs are from a Boss plow. I took one spring and cut it in half and bent new hooks on the end to make two springs.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. starpuss

starpuss Member

so when you going to make a youtube video?

10. Why don't you drive to Kenora and make one for me? :) I'm not "star" material.

11. Acerguy

Show that thing pushing through at least 8 inches of snow at something more than a slow walk and you'd be a star in my book. :D It's the beefiest and most logical setup I've seen.