1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diagnostics ?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by shannonmichaeltriplett, Mar 13, 2009.

1. i have a 2000 daihatsu hi-jet in VT. my truck has a diagnostic port w/ power that fits the OBD II scan tool & was registered & inspected for 6 months. Dept. Motor Vehicle took my plates because their OBD II scan tool couldn't read my trucks computer. does anyone know of any software or a conversion kit to allow the two computers to communicate? thanks for your help, shannon
    shannonmichaeltriplett@yahoo.com

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I always wondered about this. As far as I know there is not. Even you did I don't think it will pass inspection with a "Hack" harness to fool their scan tool. If all else fails you might be able to get a PO box in a county that doesn't require inspection and register it there.

-Greg

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

when i took mine through emissions in arizona they plugged the OBD II into my truck (after it took 10minutes and 4 people to find it while i was told to stay in the waiting area) and it didn't read it, but it also didn't throw any codes... so they passed it, no problem.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

obviously.:D