1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decal pic

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Subaru, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Subaru

Subaru Member

Does anyone have a pic of the decals on the right side of the tailgate?
    Mine were missing and I am trying to replace all tailgate decals-I have pics of the 4WD and Supercharger ones.

2. cadair7

cadair7 New Member

i'd love to see it too. anyone know where i can buy subaru stickers?

3. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Here is what's on mine....

Attached Files:

4. Subaru

Subaru Member

Thank ya FUZZ
    I should have mine done in a day or so:D

5. eeric

eeric Member

How could you get done?

6. Subaru

Subaru Member

Do a search for previous posts,and it should be still listed there:rolleyes:

I am trying to get mine done locally though-google is a beauty of a thing:)

7. BLES

BLES Member

This was on the right side of my tailgate.
    BLES

Attached Files:

8. Subaru

Subaru Member

I was unsure of the size for the RH decals,so all I got made up was the LH--see pic,turned out pretty good :D
    Planning some Japanese writing saying Subaru or Sambar or both

Attached Files:

9. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Would you like me to measure mine?

10. Subaru

Subaru Member

If you could I would appreciate it:)
    Length and width of both words

Thanks

11. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Full Factory S/C Decals for Rear Tailgate for Sambar

Hot off the press.

Pictures of all the rear decals on a 1991 Subaru Sambar S/C KS4

Includes decals on tailgate: 4wd, Supercharger - LH side / Subaru, Sambar SD - RH side
    Note: measurements for both decal size and actual location on tailgate

Includes decals on valance panel below tailgate: Japanese script LH of center
    Cargo weight decal [350kg] RH of center

Attached Files:

12. Subaru

Subaru Member

Thanks tripper
    Mine is just a plain ole supercharged one,what the heck is this deluxe model stuff?Now I am jealous,I thought mine was nice

13. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

My take - Don't get exicted, I thought everything was a "Super Deluxe". :D
    Kinda like the GM SS, RS, etc sometimes it didn't mean much beyond a inflated sticker price :(

Mine does have the following that might be considered options [SD ?]:

Locking side storage box under the LH side of bed - it had the door ripped off
    when I got it.
    Going to fab a S.S. one for it. It took me a while to figure out what the extra key was for at first
    until I clicked on the fact it was for the storage locker door. :sly:

And it has a one piece floor mat that goes on top of the factory carpet that has Sambar written on it.

14. Subaru

Subaru Member

I.ve got that mat as well,really looks good in there,and is functional.I have also discovered some trucks do not have the tray under the glove box,some have more than one grab handle inside,and some have different style lid/container under the passenger seat.And I have seen up to 3 styles of headache racks.The SC KS3 I have came with a canopy,and has no headache rack,but has extra braces/protective bars on the back window.I enjoy finding out how many options cam on these plain trucks:rolleyes:

15. Subaru

Subaru Member

Here is the new decal:D

Attached Files:

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

dragging up an old thread!!!

anyone ever find a decal source? wanting to find the decals for my truck somewhere.

17. wainair

wainair Member

I'm still looking too....

18. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

What are you guys looking for?
    Got pics?

19. wainair

wainair Member

I looked high and low last summer. Called around to a bunch of decal shops with no luck. I guess they were to busy for such a small order. These are what I'd like to replace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd like to get them made on a clear backer with black or original print font colour so they will look good over my camo. The dealer sticker would be a nice bonus too if I could get it made up in red like it was before it faded. I'd be just happy with the Subaru decals at this point though. It would cut down on at least half the people asking me if it is some weird Chinese made truck! LOL!!:frustration::D

20. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

New decals

Ok, wainair,

My buddy that did my decals has been sent an e-mail,
    Here it is, let's wait and see what he says.

Steve

Tom,

A couple of my online buddies are looking for decals with no luck, can you help them out?
    They are also trying to restore their trucks.
    How much would these cost?
    Here is an e-mail.

Hey Steve,

I'd like to get them made on a clear backer with black or original print font colour so they will look good over my camo. The dealer sticker would be a nice bonus too if I could get it made up in red like it was before it faded. I'd be just happy with the Subaru decals at this point though.

2 decals at 17cms across (in black with the grey ) "Sambar subaru"
    And 2 decals in red with a white "minami oska" (2 words) (15cms)
    and 2 "AWD" 17cms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wainair likes this.
  21. wainair

wainair Member

Thanks for looking into it Steve!

22. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Sure,

Stuff99 what were you looking for?

23. wainair

wainair Member

Oh, sorry I just noticecd it's "MINAMI OSAKA" over Subaru(not oska). Red backing with white print. It's hard to see in my pic but there is a thin white line underlining MINAMI OSAKA and SUBARU in the middle of it sorta like this:

MINAMI OSAKA
    ---------SUBARU----------

The font is the same as the subaru font in the factory badges. Thanks again!:D

24. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Got it.

Have you had any other prices on having decals made?

25. wainair

wainair Member

No. Everyone that I talked to asked to have me send pics and then no one would return my calls, or were on extended holidays. I never got so far as talking prices with anyone.

26. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

I know my decal guy is busy, but I think we can get you something at a decent price.

27. wainair

wainair Member

I've been busy the past little while and haven't had a chance to check in. Anyone having any luck in the decal search. I'm still having no luck.