1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Diahatsu

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Walks on Clouds, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Walks on Clouds

Walks on Clouds New Member

My truck began sputtering about a month ago. It's been awhile so I replaced the fuel filter and air filter. No luck. I changed the oil to make me feel good. Of course, it's the same. I pulled the cover off of the distributor cap and discovered major corrosion on the inside cap #4 going to the rear of the vehicle. I replaced the cap and the wires. Now my truck refuses to start at all. Yes, the wires are going to the correct plug and yes they're snug on the plug tops. Is it time to bring out the ether???

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

have you done a spark test by pulling a plug?

3. Walks on Clouds

I'll have to buy new ones as it's probably due anyway. No, I haven't pulled them, however, as I'm uncertain of the size of socket I'd need. Guess I'll learn when I get the new ones and buy the socket then if I don't already own it. What is the spacing for these plugs? Is it similar for most of the 660cc sized engines?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

.035-.039 or .9 - 1 mm

5. Walks on Clouds

There's so little info available and the manuals only id the part numbers so I appreciate every bit of help I can get. Thanks!