1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dd51t has zero power

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Parker H Thompson, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Purchased a 1995 zuk dd51t Friday evening. It test drove great and even unloaded fine. I took my son for a short ride down the end of our road and back and ended up having to push it home. It started bogging down acting like I was in too high of gear, down shifted and it died. Cranked for second and I lost all electrical power. Pushed it back into the shop to inspect it. Found the battery wire from the alt to the battery fried and the plug melted. So I changed that out, had the alt tested (it passed and is good) went from the 10 gauge wire to a 6. Also new battery just incase. I still have zero power. No key power, lights, horn or anything. I can trip the starter with my power probe from the battery with no issue.

I guess my question is, is there a diagram of the electrical I can see here. Or did I screw up bypassing the old burnt wire with the new I put in?

2. Kirk B

Kirk B Member

You have 2 fuseable links at the battery.one goes to alt. The other to main fuse block. Not sure of the size. The diagram I have too fuzzy should be about 30 amp.replace these with links OR put inline fuses in its place.check main fuses under steering wheel .

3. I tried to upload pictures. Won't let me. I only have a ground going to the underside of the bed and a power wire going to the starter. From the starter was the 10awg wire to the alt. Im wondering if that wire pigtailed off to the fuse block somewhere