1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD vs DB

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by steve_nagoya, Mar 31, 2008.

1. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Just a quick question to all Suzuki fans. Which model do you prefer, DD51T or DB51T. Please often ask me which is better, and I just tell them the options. But, I'd love to hear what the public thinks.

For me, I like the DD51T with round headlights. They do sell well in Canada. The DBs with round headlights are good too, but some people say they look older.

Just looking for thoughts!

Thanks,
    Steve

2. speedy67

speedy67 Member

OK, now you've piqued my interest, what is the difference between them? I didn't realize there were any differences.

3. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I was trying to see what people think of the differences between the DD and DB. There are differences. Some people may not be bothered with the differences.

4. rasmkd

rasmkd New Member

DD vs. DB

So... what are the differences ?

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Now you know

1992 DD51t---------1991 DB51t

Attached Files:

6. speedy67

speedy67 Member

So........basically the headlight issue? No biggie.

We have a 90 and a 92 with positive-switched lights and a 91 with negative-switched.....how does that work?

90 and 91 are round headlights...not sure of the S/N prefix, but I'll check that out.

7. ddimports

ddimports Member

knee room

there is a wee bit more room in the dd51t
    the wiper switch is higher
    for operating the clutch

8. speedy67

speedy67 Member

OK, I noticed that, but I guess I attributed it to one being newer than the others....Learn something EVERYDAY on these little guys. For instance, CHECK ALL OIL AND FLUID LEVELS!!!! And the tire pressures....the ones we got rode like lumber wagons, until we discovered the tires were aired up to 88 psi, must be for shipping purposes, so they don't bounce and shift around in the container during the Pacific crossing.

9. Aldee

Aldee New Member

what i can say is...the dd51 has a tighter cabin than the db51 which is roomier that can fit 6 foot and above driver.

10. UnionRidge

UnionRidge New Member

The only major mechanical difference that I have found is that the DD has the radiator sitting right out in front just behind the plastic bumper and a little piece of sheetmetal between the headlights. The DB has the radiator sitting inside of the engine house right underneather the shift lever. Very similar to the Diahatsu trucks. I feel like the radiator is better protected in the DB without having to install anytype of front end gaurd.

11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Sorry to jack this, but a quick note for Canadians.

Speedy67:

Of course most of the tires must be replaced in Canada by law. If they are not stamped with a load range or stamped DOT they do not pass inspection.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008