DB51T - Air Conditioning Repair

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by IGreen, Jun 26, 2024 at 1:57 PM.

1. IGreen

IGreen New Member

I have a DB51T that came with factory A/C but as received no drive belt was installed on the compressor. The A/C button lights up when pressed. The A/C clutch does not engage, still freewheels when the A/C is turned on. The idle kick-up switch on the carburetor operates when the A/C is turned on. Compressor is marked as an R12 system. I checked the fuse panel and the A/C fuse position was empty but there is not even wiring/connections inside the fuse panel for a fuse in that position. Is this A/C fuse typically installed somewhere else? Would like to get the A/C serviceable for the hot summers in the south.

I suspect the compressor is bad since the belt had been removed. But the Japanese writing on the back of the cab translated to "Cold District Vehicle" so maybe they didnt need it.

Any help with wiring diagram would be appreciated. I would assume the biggest question to answer would be if the compressor is good, can the rest of the system hold pressure. Any other troubleshooting advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

If its labeled a "cold district vehicle" then the AC may have never been enabled thats why the missing belt and fuses. It may not have any R12 in it either.

3. IGreen

IGreen New Member

The compressor has had a belt installed in the past, the pulley has wear marks on it. Anyone have a DB51T with operational A/C that could drop some info. Namely what is the belt size info?