1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytime running light module

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by downhere, Aug 23, 2011.

1. downhere

downhere Member

Tried to put an automatic headlight system in from Canadian Tire but... I enlisted a mechanic friend of mine to help with the installation. The module consists of a black wire which we grounded to the frame. A white wire which we spliced into the low beam hot lead by the headlight connector. An orange wire which we did nothing with because it goes to the high beams??? A yellow wire which we spliced into the parking light connector. A green wire was connected to a large 12 volt power source by the fuse box. a red wire connected to a 12 volt source at the ignition and then by the fuse box. The daytimes worked until we turned the lights on and switched to high beams.Pop goes the fuse... It appears that the low beam hot lead turned to a ground when we switched to high???That is when we switched main power to the one by the fuse box. Popped another fuse.... The trouble shooting said if fuse blows check that white or yellow wire are connected properly. Fuse will only blow if these wires are connected to a ground. Help Please.

Attached Files:

2. kegoangoango

kegoangoango Member

I don't know about your system, but generally the daytime running lights turn off when you turn on the lights (low or high). This explains why you had one wire for the low and one for the high (the orange one). The orange wire needs to be connected to the high power.

3. copeina

copeina Member

Depending on the module's actual setup, a lot of "modern" daytime running light setups actually use a lower voltage on the high beam for the drl.

Follow the instructions and see what happens. What is it about us that is so resistant to that?

:D