1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daihatsu Reset Computer to Learm RPM Curve

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by TRAX and HORNS, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

F Y I....
    I recently had to get a new computer for a 1999 EFI Daihatsu. After installing the computer it still was not running right. After doing everything that I thought needed to be done it still had a rough idle and felt like it wasnt getting fuel. :frustration:
    I called my good friend David at Mini Truck Dealer in L.A. to pick his head. He said when you install a new computer you have to go through a process so the computer can learn the rpm range, so to speak.
    After doing this process truck runs great. :D
    The "T" port is on the bottom row, 3rd. pin from the left(as shown in picture)
    OB 2 port located under dash driver side.
    Thank You David,
    Terry

Attached Files:

Hijet99 likes this.
  2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

the computer wouldn't reset by just removing power for a while??...usually you just unhook the battery and the computer defaults to a baseline setting and then relearns once running again....did you just ground the two pins to each other? great info:)

I should have looked at the instructions in the first pic before asking a dumb question:frustration::p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. TRAX and HORNS

The "T" has to be grounded to the frame I guess. Thats what I did. After restarting the engine you could tell the computer was learning the rpm range by the way the rpms were going up and down. After about 3 or 4 min. it came down to a good steady idle and that was it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Awesome stuff as usual, Terry!

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

great post Terry. Now let me ask. The guy that bought my drivetrain said after he installed it in his truck the idle was erratic. Would this of fixed that issue?

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

very cool information! maybe get some good clear pictures or a scan of that document and make it into a sticky?

still think thats neat it learns the rpm curve!

7. TRAX and HORNS

After installing the computer at idle it would come up a little then fall off.. Lets say idle would be at 800 it would drift up to 1100 then come back down to 800. Thats what was throwing me thinking I had a fuel issue. But after doing this procedure with the computer it cleaned up and the rough idle disappeared.
    Another note, the check engine light would flash while the procedure was being done. I suppose the flashing was saying something but I couldnt tell you what.
    Greg, I dont see this procedure doing any harm at all on a running truck. If anything it would help I think. If things were off a little bit seems that it would put things back in check.