1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daihatsu Midget II ???

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Unimogr, Dec 12, 2008.

1. downhere

downhere Member

Really nice Midget Lethbridge Man! Enjoy the truck and make sure that you are getting more seat time than your wife!!! How was Coquihalla Highway? I'm sure it will bring many looks... Meesho, I was planning on writing an apology to you for being negative on my posts but... Does misery really love company?

2. dorkpunch

dorkpunch New Member

You rang? :D

[​IMG]

Not a very good pic, but you get the idea. Its only 20 miles from Lethbridge Man, too!

Sorry... Back to your regularly scheduled Midge II's...

3. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

midget 2

hey, get a 5 speed if you can, quieter,faster, slower revs=longer life.

4. Lethbridge_man

Lethbridge_man New Member

The Coquihalla highway was the most difficult part of the drive by far, especially the portion between Hope and Kamloops. But I saw VW buses driving the same portion of road, so I knew everything would be fine. It was smooth sailing after that... Just a LONG drive! The seat is very uncomfortable (I brought a pillow for my back) and the combination of no radio & engine under the seat made for a buzzing in my ears that took quite a while to disappear. Also, the fuel tank is only about 23 litres or so, so the range is not very good...

And with regards to a 5-speed: that sounds like a good idea, but at this point I don't plan on going on any more driving marathons, so I'm sure the drivetrain will last for many, many years to come. Plus, I tend to drive like a grandma - drives the wife bonkers!

This is my 3rd JDM vehicle (it gets addicting after a while!), so here are my other two:

[​IMG]

I also have a Nissan Figaro and a Mazda Autozam AZ-1. Everything fits in a normal-sized garage!

5. downhere

downhere Member

I have seen your other two on a different site. Pretty cool collection you have. What made you decide on those cars? Sure would be cool to see the AZ-1 in person. I think I saw a pic of it parked by a full sized truck. Post it if you have it for all to see how truly small it is. Enjoy...

6. Lethbridge_man

I just like really small things - perhaps it is a reaction to everything here being so oversized: big houses, big cars & trucks, big people going to big restaurants to eat big meals, etc... I thought it would be fun to go the opposite way as much as possible in my life.

I have plenty of pictures of the AZ-1 next to other vehicles - it is easy to make it look tiny! This is one of my favourites, though, taken at a JDM meet in Calgary this summer:

[​IMG]

The car is just as wide as the Midget (both being kei vehicles) and it's about as tall as the doorhandles! Needless to say - it's a tight fit! I love them both...

7. Lethbridge_man

Some recent pictures:

Why are all these trucks so huge?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time for a service:

[​IMG]

One of these is not like the others:

[​IMG]

Spending some quality time at the local Swedish conglomerate:

[​IMG]

My first payload!

[​IMG]

Might need a suspension upgrade after this:

[​IMG]

8. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

sweet photos...thanks for sharing them:D

9. downhere

downhere Member

Love the photos! Unique collection as I have said before. Keep the pics coming. Maybe some more of the AZ-1

10. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

AZ-1 photos please!!! :D:pop:

11. Lethbridge_man

It was a little frosty on the weekend, so I went for a drive in the park...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. downhere

downhere Member

Nice pics of some nice vehicles! I hope you don't mind but I found some other pics of your clan on another site.

Attached Files: