1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daihatsu Alternator

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by David Browning, May 22, 2021.

1. David Browning

David Browning New Member

Looking for an alternator for my 2000 Daihatsu Hijet S210P with a 659cc engine. It does not use a serpentine belt. I've looked online at some sights like Impex but they were all written in Japanese. Hoping to find the equivalent at NAPA or some other American vendor if possible. If someone has the part number it would enhance my searching capabilities. Thanks in advance.

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

There's some past post's indicating the denso #'s and a few others. If You use the search button i'm sure you'll find it!
    Limestone

3. David Browning

Thank you for your reply. I first used search but didn’t have any real success. Maybe I didn’t use the best terms to get the correct results.
    David

4. Limestone

I remember jigs had a post when he replaced his alternator, or , re clocked it, and I took mine to an electric motor shop, and had mine replaced. I'll try to look up what I re placed mine with. I do remember the OEM, alternators put out about, any where from 35-47 amps, as memory serves me, and jigs went with a 90 amp racing alternator!
    Limestone

5. David Browning

Thank you in advance.

6. Limestone

Looking through my notes, I see that I went with a WAI Alternator 60-63 amps, and in my notes I have a Mini Denso #100211-1630!I also have Mini Denso# 100211-1680! Good Luck!
    Limestone

7. David Browning

Thanks for the help. Maybe I can help you in the future.

Limestone likes this.
  8. shogun

shogun Active Member

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Search alternator and my name, and they should come up.

Please post a picture of your alternator. The S80, and S100 series trucks all use what is referred to as a “Mini Denso” which is available from lots of places, and used in race cars because they are one of the lowest weight alternators available.

They are used on all kids of small equipment, skidsteer loaders, mini excavators, Fork lifts, etc. So, you can find them on eBay, Amazon, and most parts houses. I bought a 90-amp version for my S110, for around $100, as a Mini Denso Race alternator. I had to re-clock it 90-degrees to get teh connections into the same orientation as the stock one. but they are pretty easy to reclock.

David Browning and Limestone like this.
  10. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

As Jigs says, the small Denso alternator can be "clocked" to suit different mounting applications. However, some are wired for a two wire plug and some are three wire - go the easy route and make sure you get the one to suit your plug.

David Browning and Limestone like this.
  11. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The two wire plug has the hot from ignition to energize the alternator, and the second hooks to the warning light on the dash to tell you it isn’t producing a charge.

The three wire plug add a wire too the positive terminal of the battery so the alternator senses battery voltage, and adjusts the output based on teh charge condition of the battery.

I prefer, to have things adjust by sensing the battery, so when I bought my new alternator, I looked for a three wire one, and bought a new plug of Amazon, and ran a new 14ga wire to the battery to control the alternator.

movemint and David Browning like this.