1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daihatsu “Off-road” parts

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Jigs-n-fixtures, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’m looking for the fender flares that were installed on the “Off-Road” S80 series Hijets imported into the US around 1986 to 1990. They all came with turf tires and wheels so the factory shipped them with bolt on metal fender flares.

So, if you have one of the “Off-road” units with the factory flares that you’re willing to part out, please let me know.

Thanks, Jigs.

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jigs,
    I took mine off and won't be needing them. They are in descent shape, might need a little massaging! I can send pics if your still interested. 2 total from front cab only.
    Limestone

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Highly interested. I was going to mount some universal rubber things. Pictures would be appreciated.

4. Limestone

Jigs,
    I will snap some pics this wknd. and get them to you. Don't know if your getting rid of anything, but i'm looking for some 4x110 wheels! Just thought I'd mention it!.
    Limestone

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

The stock 12-inch ones which came with my truck are setting in the garage. If I included the spare, there would be five, if that would be of use.

I’m running 14X7 ATV wheels on my S110P.

6. Limestone

7. Limestone

Jigs, bear with me as I'm trying to learn this format!

8. Limestone

Jigs,
    I hope you got the pics, if you did, as you can see they need some massaging! These are off my 89 hijet. 4 bolts each.
    Limestone

9. Limestone

Jigs,
    My wheels are 20x8x10 factory original stock. This unit sat along time, was slightly abused, or at least run hard and put away wet! (so to speak) I've got most of the bugs worked out, in my spare time, and I'm wanting to upgrade the tired suspension, and get a little more clearance off the ground, at the same time. My needs are strictly off road, and I've been researching the forum, trying to decide what size wheels, and tires. I don't need to go too high with this thing, for practical purposes. Therefore your 12 inch wheels might work for me, with some Carlisle All Trail Tires! If interested in the fender flares, let me know. I will be out of town for a couple weeks, enjoying the holidays with family. Maybe we can work something out!
    Thanks, Limestone

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. Jigs-n-fixtures

I’m definitely interested. I’ll check on what shipping the tiers and wheels to Cleveland will cost.

One of the kids that was working with me quit, to work for the Rail Road as a Bridge Inspector, and moved home to Cleveland. We’d started this a couple months back he could have hauled the wheels and tires.

11. Limestone

Jigs,
    Any pics of the wheels,tires?
    Limestone

12. Limestone

Jigs,
    Your right, that is a shame. I was too busy in the summer, to fuss with this thing, and I didn't even think about registering on the forum, even though I knew that I wanted to lift and redo the suspension. Well I guess timing is everything!
    Limestone

13. Jigs-n-fixtures

They’re just the stock steelies. I’ll try to drag them out tomorrow if it isn’t too cold, and get a few photos. Amend that I’m having a bad blood sugar day, so I’m going for a long walk. Maybe I can get photos tomorrow.

14. Limestone

Jigs,
    Your health is number ONE!!! Seriously, no worries, you have first dibs on the fender flares! They are yours until you say your not interested! I'm getting ready to hit the road for a couple of weeks, enjoying the Family! Holidays and Family are what we do! Whenever you get around to it. I was just wondering the condition and all. That's it. Talk soon.
    Thanks, Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  15. Limestone

Jigs,
    I hope all is well! I am back in town, was wondering what you wanted to do with your wheels? Did you want me to send the fender flares to you? What were you thinking?
    Limestone

16. Jigs-n-fixtures

Not sure on the flares: Need to take a hard look at the clearances around the tires.

My truck quit starting so I’ve spent the last two weeks working on it. Took four days to figure out the carburetor. But, I think I understand how it works now.

Also, been working on the wiring: Adding switches, and lots of relays to power, light bars, and LED rear lights. Will upgrade the alternator today. And finish a tune up: The timing, plugs, Cap and wires.

I haven’t had a chance to dig out my stock wheels. It will probably be next weekend. It’s getting dark too early right now.

17. Limestone

Jigs,
    No worries, I'll put them on the shelf until you tell me otherwise. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it, Good luck with your project.
    Limestone

18. Limestone

Hey Jigs,
    I am still interested in the 12 inch steel wheels that you have. Thanks,
    Limestone

19. Jigs-n-fixtures

Limestone, I’ll try to get pictures in the next few weeks. Since Thanksgiving, I’ve been spending all of my time working on my truck. Finished a light bar, rewired all the tail lights, installed a new alternator, rebuilt the carburetor (that was a real time sink), and installed an electric fuel pump. This week I’ve been making a hard tonneau for the bed.

20. Limestone

Jigs,
    I know the feeling. I finally figured out an electrical short, replaced carb. after rebuilding the original carb, only to discover that after I got it running, the non replaceable(anywhere on this planet)two wire solenoid started giving me a problem. I completely redid the fuel system, got the KYB struts that you suggested,(money,thanks) and the springs from summit. I am building the lift kit now, weld, fab.etc.....
    I think these things are a disease!!! lol But seriously , when you get a chance! I just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested. I am going to pull the radiator, and have it re-cored, I might as well replace the timing belt and water pump while I'm there. So by no means are you holding me up! Thanks,
    Limestone