1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D82P with no fire, im lost!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Rocky Ford, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Rocky Ford

Rocky Ford New Member

I’m have searched, if I missed my apologies. All I have done is search.
    Received a D82P HiJet that has been sitting up a while. Unloaded it and pulled it around the yard and it fired up a min and I cut it off and parked it where I was going to start cleaning and taking apart. Body is in great shape. And shocked it ran. Pressure washed it good and found the middle plug wire was gone. Decided to just start fresh and got new plugs, new wires, new oil and filter and see how we are after that. Decided to drain the gas and put fresh in and this is where it got interesting. The gas was black, horrible, dropped the tank and it was full of something that gummed it up. I cleaned it good. Changed all the lines and carb good and put back. Extra fuel filter to catch anything extra and flushed 2 tanks though till it was good to go. And that’s where it ends. It will not fire at all. Every now and then I get a back fire out the exhaust but that’s it. Pull the plugs and they spark outside the block. Timing light lights up when installed. Gap was checked to be fine. Getting fuel but just to make sure starter fluid used and still nothing. No attempt to even fire. Tried all possible firing sequences with nothing. It just turns over but nothing else. Had a few buddies come look and all leave scratching their head. I am lost!! Help!! And my apologies if I didn’t do something correct.

2. Rocky Ford

Rocky Ford New Member

Update!
    I knew it had to be timing but I have done everything I knew to do with it. Everything. So I decided to remove all the plugs from the spark plug and distributor. I hooked up one plug to one cylinder and went around the horn till I actually got one fire. So I just filled in the rest in that order and it fired up. Smoking pretty good. Belt squealing but it ran!! So you think my distributor may be 180 out? It can only go 1 of 2 way. Or the numbering wrong. It’s firing 3-1-2 per distributor.