1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV Joint

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by conelydt, Aug 11, 2007.

1. conelydt

conelydt New Member

Anybody have replacement CV joints or know where the axles can be repaired?

2. chadhite

chadhite Member

I will check on Monday. I just rebuilt several axels but I don't remember having a Mitsubushi. What model and year Mitsubushi do you have?

3. conelydt

conelydt New Member

Supposed to be a 90 but I'm not sure how to tell?

4. chadhite

chadhite Member

Look on the driver side, bottom of the seat belt. There will be a tag that states make and year. Then look at your finder well, there you will have a number stamped into it like U42T, U19T or a number U??T. This will be your model number.

If I don't have one I can rebuild the axel for you.

5. tcubed

tcubed New Member

What about a sambar CV joint

Mine cam apart and many of the roller pieces are missing. Do you know anyone who has the capability to rebuild them?

6. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

I would like to ask if these CV joints that are coming apart are on lifted trucks and if so, how high have they been lifted?

7. tcubed

tcubed New Member

Yes, lifted by a bock that is 1.5" on the lower side and 3.5 on the upper side. It allows extended travel and you need to either extend the shaft or restrict the range of travel.

8. jay woods

jay woods Member

I don't know where either are you are, however I am in Memphis tn and there is a local shop that specializes in cv and driveshafts. I had them do mine and was very impressed. If anyone would like the number I would be happy to look it up.

9. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Same here in Nashville, TN. A place called Clinards. Good People.

10. conelydt

conelydt New Member

I'm near Louisville, Ky. and had Capco Automotive rebuild mine. The guy said they are the same as a Subaru and he had the parts. Ended up being a quick painless repair.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  11. Dan

Dan Member

Same here, i have had the local drive line shops repair everything from tractor pto-shafts to mini cv joints.

12. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Can you explain a little more about this lift?