1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV Boots

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by TRAX and HORNS, Sep 8, 2011.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

For sometime I have been ordering cv boots the universal kind from
    JC Whitney. Today I was servicing a truck to a new mini trucker and notice the outside drivers cv boot was weak. I new it would take a couple of days to order one so for the heck I ran down to O'riely's and found the same cv univerasl boot. But these are made by Doorman. Should be better quality. They were like 16.00 + tax. These should fit the Daihatsu, Suzuki, Mazda and Mits. They make them a little longer so you can cut off what you dont need. Always take your old one with you so you can match them up.
    I dont mess with Hon or Subs so Not sure if they will fit them.
    They are called Universal Fit CV boot.

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Are thoses the "DORMAN UNI-FIT" 614-001 kit orange, black, white box?
    No good for the off road use. I go through a few boot sets a year on my truck and keep coming back to the "red stallions" I get from my atv dealer, they usually last for the full season. The auto store ones didn't last the week, while out bush road running. Supos' to be a life time garenty on the dorman's, but it's only replacement, I said "no thanks".
    My dealer said that he's getting some "armor" boots in next, I'll give them a shot next time I rip one off.
    Not trying to beat you up here, the more info the better, and I think that those boots would work out fine for on-road use.

3. Little Dumper

Little Dumper Member

Standard issue outer boot for a 1993 Sprint. The thick kind that you only can put on by pulling apart the whole halfshaft. $14 at my local Lordco (Napa, Pep Boys, whatever).

Jon.