1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Cup Holder

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Nolando, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Nolando

Nolando New Member

I was about to go to work on fabricating a cupholder for my morning rides to work. While looking for replacement grill clips, I stumbled on these
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/120722...51t&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

This person is 3d printing cup holders that look pretty good! There's choices between materials and colors. I didn't know how known if at all by the community these were. I bought one let you guys know how good/well made they're.

PeterNoTail and t_g_farrell like this.
  2. Baggey22

Baggey22 New Member

Which material did you get yours made of? I'm ignorant when it comes to materials for 3d printers.

3. Nolando

Nolando New Member

I am also VERY ignorant with materials too. I went with PETG just because google told me so. Apparently a stronger and more durable material than ABS and PLA but I could be wrong.

Baggey22 likes this.
  4. Nolando

Nolando New Member

So I got in the cupholder a week ago and am pretty solid in my opinion that this design should've been stock on theses trucks.
    It works just as any cupholder does (Which is a good thing!). The instructions that came with it were concise and clear. The hardware were solid and always stoked to get in an Allen key with it. The material I went with was great and has a sturdy feel and does not bend. I also find the placement nice because I rest my shin on the sides instead of accidentally bumping my shift knob when i'm in 5th. Great design and very easy person to work with. You can get the suzuki logo in the cup holders too!

Attached Files:

installater likes this.
  5. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Dang! The link is dead and I just noticed that my van console is different from the truck console, its a solid piece and not a 2 piece construction that allows for this cup holder (if I could find it) to work. <sigh> Vans always different from the trucks.

Nolando likes this.
  6. Nolando

Nolando New Member

Wow I got in lucky I guess. The guy making the cup holders is moving from etsy to his own website.
    https://drillbitsworkshop.net/
    I’m in a facebook group with him and he said if someone supplied the dimensions of their shifter area, he’d be able to make some for that model. He only has a dd51t truck. either way it’d be worth hitting him up!

Marjorie likes this.
  7. punimog

punimog Member

I have been thinking on a cup holder solution for a while. After I saw you post I finally made up my mind and ordered one of these. Can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks for sharing

Nolando likes this.